Notice: Undefined variable: show_stats in /home/cheekyki/public_html/wp-content/plugins/stats/stats.php on line 1384

Fi.Es.Ta!

There are the times when you need cornbread to sit civilly at a meal and serve up a quaint side of pleasant conversation.

Then there are the times when you’re looking to supplement those home-fried tacos with a cornbread so out-and-out heiny kicking that it leaves you downright unconscious with it’s full-bodied flavor.

This, right here, is THAT kind of a cornbread.

Pull out your sombreros, slap on your ponchos, do the Macarena.

It’s time to fiesssssss-ta!

{And then. Siesta}

2 tsp. cinnamon

2 tsp. cumin

3/4 c. milk

2-4oz can green chilies

1 1/2 c. frozen sweet white corn, thawed

1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded

Cream butter, sugar and eggs until white and fluffly. Add cornmeal, flour, and spice. Beat just until incorporated.

Add remaining ingredients. Beat just until mixed.

Batter should be creamy & fluffy. (If too dense, add another 1/4 c. milk. If too runny, add another 1/4 c. flour)

Pour into a 8×12 pan.

Bake 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until center springs back when touched.

Serve slathered with Sugared Lime Butter:

1 cup butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, juice & zest of 1 lime.

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat until fluffy.

Hasta Manana Chiquita‘s!

10 Responses to “Fi.Es.Ta!”

1. Mommy of M's says:

I love the name of your blog!!

2. Christina Lee says:

Hello! Just visiting from SITS! Loving all the recipes- will be back!

3. Fifi Flowers says:

that sounds good!

4. WishTrish says:

Found you through SITS. Love the blog! I’m a 25-pounds-of-brown-sugar gal, too! :0)

5. zana says:

The recipe sounds great! I to am in Arkansas! I found you through Elizabeth Cramner’s blog, Pigtails and Snails. Just wanted to pop in an say HI!

6. Tami says:

Thank you so much for stopping by on my SITS day :)

Cute blog – I’ll be back to look around….I have a lot of SITStas to visit!

7. Jenny says:

Yum and totally cute! I love all the sunglasses your characters wear. Sounds delicious!! Have a great day!

8. gingela5 says:

Looks good! Love me some good corn bread! Now tell us about those fried tacos…

9. Candy says:

This cornbread ROCKS! YUMMY!

10. ConversationsWithACupcake says:

Mommy of M's-Thanks so much! Is it possible to NOT love cupcakes?!

Christina Lee-Thanks so much for stopping by. Yay for SITS!

Fifi- It IS good. You could eat it for your birthday cake and never be the least bit sad about not getting to blow out candles.

WishTrish-25 pounds of sugar is the ONLY way to go!

Zana-Hi to you in Arkansas. Isn't Pigtails & Snails amazing?!

Tami-Congrats on your big day! I can only imagine how many visits you'll be making. :)

Jenny-That sunglasses butter guy cracked me up. Just out and out giggling for about 2 minutes straight. THANKS for sharing your time with me here!

Gingela- Okay. Fried tacos were a total pantry mistake that turned out shockingly delish. Just mix together until smooth: 2 cans of drained canned chicken, a can of green chilies, 2 diced tomatoes, 1/2 c. diced onion, 1/2 cup cream cheese, and a packet of taco seasoning.
    Then, place a good hunk of the chicken mixture in the center of a white corn tortilla. Roll (like a taquito), then fry in medium-hot oil until crisp and lightly browned. We served it with some Mexican Rice & cornbread and ate to our hearts content.

Candy-Anything out of the ordinary, huh?! Thanks so much for stopping by! How's cooking coming along in your COURAGEOUS kitchen?!