Ahora.

After tsk-tsking 102.7FM
for pounding out the Christmas music
since November 1st
(come on radio! Give Thanksgiving it’s fair shake),
I am delighted to finally have this opportunity
to shout from the rooftops
Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays!
The Christmas tree is up,
candy canes draped amongst it’s bows.
Our front door is dressed in full holiday array.
And, it’s finally {finally!} time to gingerbake.
Hip Hip Hurrah!
It’s going to be a very spicy week.
Gingerbread Oatmeal Muffins
Moist and dense with just a touch of flare-your-nostrils flavor, these little cakes are a great way to welcome the morning. (And the next 24 mornings) with holiday cheer. Shiny.
Makes 12 muffins.
½ tsp. salt
2 t. baking powder
1 ½ c. flour
1 t. ginger
1 T. Cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer. Bake 350 degrees for 17-22 minutes, until tops spring back when touched lightly with finger.
Whipped Orange Sweet Cream
½ pint whipping cream
3 T. powdered sugar
Dash salt
Rind one orange, finely zested
With an electric beater, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar, salt and orange zest. Whip until incorporated, and cream is thick and fluffy (about one minute).
XOXOXO Gingerbread.

6 Responses to “Ahora.”

Jenny on December 1, 2008 at 11:57 am Reply

Oh, Brooke…I really haven’t had the chance to sit down and really enjoy your site. I’ve been wondering what’s happened to the McLay’s site, but I realize that this is the place to find you. So, I shall repent of my non-following ways…you are officially added to my links so I can keep up better! I *heart* your site…can’t wait to try some of the baking (these muffins are calling my name!). I too am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for the “official” holiday season. We are planning on decorating our tree tonight…mmmmm, just had a good idea, maybe I’ll skim over your recipes to find a treat for our Christmas decorating FHE! Love you!

Live.Love.Eat on December 1, 2008 at 2:11 pm Reply

I swear, that little cloud of whip cream is staring at me……

silverdot on December 1, 2008 at 5:10 pm Reply

Your recipes are amazing! I can’t wait to try them.

ConversationsWithACupcake on December 1, 2008 at 10:39 pm Reply

Jenny-How goeth the tree decorating? I do hope marvelously! I miss you guys! Our hearts will be with you as you go about your holiday-ing.

Live.Love.Eat- You dear! Thank you for stopping by so regularly. And yes, it’s funny how whipped cream does seem to call your name from time to time. :)

Silverdot-Welcome, my newest follower! So kind of you to add me to your day! I’m glad to have you along. Happy, Happy Monday!

Brenda Jean on December 2, 2008 at 12:32 pm Reply

Oh my, I will have to try these. I love muffins and holiday baking!

MaryPosa on July 6, 2009 at 11:37 am Reply

Hello love, I don't know how often you check comments on older posts like this one… but i just wanted to tell you that i made these muffins this week :) One little note… on your recipe you have the flour listed twice… I assumed that this was merely a typo and only added flour once and the consistency came out just perfect. Thought i'd let you know and also thank you for this very delightful site and even more delightful recipes!! I'm making the wild strawberry cuppies this week for my daughter's birthday! Hooray!!!

One last thing. It's super nice to get recipes from someone who (like myself) deals with baking at a high altitude. You rock my socks girl.