Crouching Cabbage, Hidden Mushrooms

2 cups cabbage, chopped
4 cups Bok Choy, Chopped
2 c. mushrooms
1 T. Rice Vinegar
2 T. Soy Sauce
3 T. Brown Sugar

In a deep skillet, heat oils to medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until softened. Add cabbage and stir to cook an additional minute. Add remaining ingredients and stir until bok choy is wilted. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

Garnish with dried red pepper flakes to add spice.

Service for the day:
My son (10-yr-old marvel kid, Andrew) is offering
free, signed sneak-peaks of his first novel
“The Ghost Portal”
CLICK HERE
to take him up on his offer
(and make his mama’s day).
And, if you have a marvel kid of your own that might enjoy reading an inventive ghost story, feel free to email THEIR name so Andrew can address the story to them.
Because GOOD snailmail is just.so…
good to get.

11 Responses to “Crouching Cabbage, Hidden Mushrooms”

Lianne on December 11, 2008 at 9:14 am Reply

My sister referred me to your blog and I love it!

However, as a mom challenged by kids who don’t want to eat any vegetable more daring than corn, carrots or broccoli, I have to ask about this particular recipe (that looks delicious to me): do your kids like it, let alone eat it????

L.

ConversationsWithACupcake on December 11, 2008 at 9:56 am Reply

Lianne-
    Some of my kids WILL eat this. Bok choy is a VERRRY mild vegetable and is quite child-friendly.

I WILL share the secret to getting my kids to eat cabbage (and other asian-type greens) is to slice it up real thin–like a noodle–then toss it with udon noodles. With a little soy sauce to color the dish, they can't tell the difference between the noodles and the cabbage. You could do that with this dish. It would lend itself well to the addition of noodles and maybe a bit of chicken or pork. Just slice all the ingredients up real thin like, cook & toss in noodles and I'll bet dollars to yuan they'll eat it.

Good luck! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Bless your sister :)

The Blonde Duck on December 11, 2008 at 12:58 pm Reply

Congrats to your son! I love he’s publishing a book!

I think my picky husband would eat this!

Noodle on December 11, 2008 at 2:44 pm Reply

Hi! This sounds so delicious, I can’t wait to try it. I loved “Lick Your Chops” and the other sayings.
    Btw, my daughters and I received our aprons (from your fab four contest) and we love them! I’ll probably be posting pictures on my blog soon. :)
    Thanks so much!
    Diane

Liz on December 11, 2008 at 3:39 pm Reply

I found you from “White Iris Designs”I love you vegetable dish. I will have to follow you.

Becki Madsen on December 11, 2008 at 3:46 pm Reply

Another yummy looking dish Brooke! Your children have their mothers inventiveness and I expect some day, one of them to be a founder of a multi-million dollar company. Remember us little ones when that day comes! You guys are great and I sure do miss seeing you!

Phantomkid on December 11, 2008 at 4:31 pm Reply

Mom THANKS for posting me on your blog. I hope you guys can visit! http://www.gtisforme.blogspot.com

Tiffany on December 11, 2008 at 9:17 pm Reply

Love the haiku! The veggies look great too!

Sophie on December 14, 2008 at 3:32 pm Reply

I love greens already, but now I love ‘em more :P. I love that haiku :).

HoneyB on January 23, 2009 at 6:28 pm Reply

I made this tonight with a little alteration (mushrooms, cabbage, carrots, onions) but used your sauce recipe. YUMMY!!! THANK YOU!

The Cooking Photographer on May 2, 2009 at 11:20 am Reply

This looks so very yummy! And putting it all into one word did somehow make it easier, or was that more fun? I can’t remember now.

Going to your son’s page now..