Fairyland.

I spent much of Tuesday afternoon cutting snowflakes with kindergarteners. Some of those pudgy-faced babes had never snipped themselves a lacy papered jewel before.
What is this world coming to?
I fully intend to teach my children the ways of paperflaking.
Perhaps we’ll string them along the boughs of our home today.
After all, in a room full of confettied cuttings,
isn’t it possible to believe in magical things?
Snow White Ginger Chews
Delicate and spicy. Pretty as a picture. These easy bake cookies are great for Christmas potlucks and the like. An beautiful addition to any party fare.
4 egg whites
1 c. sugar
½ c. butter
½ t. cream of tartar
½ t. baking soda
1 T. ginger
1 ¼ c. flour
Cream egg, sugar and butter until extremely fluffy. Add remaining ingredients & beat until a soft dough is formed. Roll by the tablespoon into balls, then roll into sparkling sugar. Bake 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes, just until cookie is cooked through but not browned.

And speaking of magic…
how did these two WONDER TWINS
escape my plan to never allow my children to grow up?
Looks like I’ll have to invest in a locked, enchanted tower after all.

7 Responses to “Fairyland.”

jksfam on December 3, 2008 at 12:35 am Reply

Happy Birthday Jacob & Alyssa!!!

Cristine on December 3, 2008 at 7:18 am Reply

Happy birthday to your kiddos!

Those cookies look fantastic!

Jen on December 3, 2008 at 1:57 pm Reply

i want to learn. Happy Birthday to your kiddos.

Jenny on December 3, 2008 at 7:02 pm Reply

Those cookies are beautiful! I want some so badly right now! Happy birthday to your cutie pies too!

Lewis and Florrie on December 3, 2008 at 10:49 pm Reply

I don’t know how I let this day go by without calling your darlings and wishing them a very happy day. Tell them I love them, K?

As for your blog….would you stop it already? You’re putting us all to shame. I always knew you were talented before, but sheesh, your a wonder lady. I sure do love you. Hope you had a very happy Turkey day. Talk to you soon.

Jennifer on December 4, 2008 at 6:07 pm Reply

When you find that locked tower, let me know please! I need one, too. A very happy birthday to the twins! And here’s to ALWAYS believing in a little magic!
    (I still believe in Santa Claus!)

Lydia on December 7, 2008 at 12:51 pm Reply

Hey Brooke,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have been truly enjoying your creativity, as well as some of your recipes. In fact, we made these last night, however, I’m sad to report they didn’t turn out as beautiful as yours. While superbly tasty, the cookies were VERY flat and thin and also not snowy white. We were careful not to overcook them , and for once actually followed the recipe exactly. I live at quite a high altitude (7000 ft) so that could be part of it, and even though I usually veer away from recipes with separated eggs, these were so yummy I am committed to trying again! Thanks again!