Ice Cream Cocoa

Backward Seurat.
The finished portrait
Crystal-white
canvas.

The Ultimate
Ice Cream Cocoa

Inspired by my dearest Amy’s addictive hot toddy, this versatile recipe will not only warm you from tongue to toes, but will tickle your insides with the very cleverness of it.
Four ingredients, endless possibilities.
Here’s the basic recipe with suggested yummariations below.

2 c. ice cream
½ c. sugar
½ c. butter
1 tsp. flavoring
4 c. water
Ice cream, sugar and butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add water, then heat just until boiling. Spoon into large mugs and serve with a thick heap of pure whipping cream.

Almond Crème Cocoa:

French Vanilla Ice Cream, dash Caramel or Butterscotch extract

Strawberry Crème Cocoa:
Strawberry Ice Cream, dash pure vanilla

Mint Crème Cocoa:
Chocolate Ice Cream, dash of peppermint extract
Be Your Own Artiste.
Make your own version of this crème cocoa.
Post your recipe here by December 15
And win a $10 Cold Stone Gift Card.

OoohLaLa.

11 Responses to “Ice Cream Cocoa”

Amberly on December 4, 2008 at 11:13 pm Reply

I am so glad you like good book recommendations because they are coming your way all month!

I haven’t made the POM cake yet but I keep thinking about it… Probably tomorrow, well, maybe Saturday.

Cristine on December 5, 2008 at 2:18 am Reply

YUM!!! I love all the variations!

The Muse on December 5, 2008 at 2:28 am Reply

Hello! I am very very pleased that you participated in Rhyme Time…The whole work has now been posted…And I am pleased that you are part of the Christmas Chain!!

Lisa on December 5, 2008 at 8:21 am Reply

Love all these cool ideas!

Nathan and Bethany on December 5, 2008 at 11:02 am Reply

Ohmigosh, my eyes just rolled back into my head when I read this post. Sounds MARVELOUS!

Pierre 'Pepper' Lamielle on December 6, 2008 at 12:18 pm Reply

Wow you have been busy! Plenty of posting and lots of great ideas. Like the Grincherbread.
    It’s been nutso over here, I only have 3 months to get the book content to the publisher and with the Holidays looming, I’m in a panic to get as much done as possible… while still trying to post new stuff.
    But, you’re a mom, so you know more about multi-tasking than I ever will.
    Cool idea with the Cocoa. I’ll see what I can whip up…

Kady on December 6, 2008 at 1:19 pm Reply

Kirt is going to LOVE the mint cocoa. I can’t wait to make it! Thanks for the fabulous idea!

Jenny on December 7, 2008 at 4:43 pm Reply

What fun! We have having hot cocoa everyday lately over at our home. I love all of your variations, they all sound great!

Lydia on December 8, 2008 at 7:06 am Reply

Wow, what a decadent treat! At first thought, you had already listed some of my favorite flavor combinations, but then I remembered something. My favorite ice cream flavor as a kid was Tillamook Creamery’s White Licorice. Now I don’t know where I could find it now that I’m not in Oregon, but I can taste how good it would be in this preparation. It would probably be best by itself, or possibly paired with a touch of mint flavoring…? I’ve also been experimenting lately with goldschlager (bad, I know!) but regular ol’ cinnamon flavored extract would be a good, and truly warming flavor addition as well!

OK, my list of to-dos is growing by the second…

Phantomkid on December 8, 2008 at 4:57 pm Reply

Pom Cocoa is my version!
    Do all the same stuff with pom seeds! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer on December 8, 2008 at 8:18 pm Reply

Mmmmmm! Yummy! Mine is the Peppermint Cocoa! Delish. What a clever, funny, and talented lady you are! Love your blog!