Mint M&M Ornamented Chocolate Cookies

There are bags under my eyes.
And my hair is curling akin to Medusa.
Today, I sat through three
{count ’em}
Three.
Performances of Santa Broadway.
Substituted for three hours in the 1st Grade.
and
I’m on day three of the Master Cleanse.
Seems THREE is not my lucky number today.
{Though it was for my Andrew & Becca.
They rocked the stage with their talent & charm.}
So now.
I look at these marvelously merry biscuits and wonder…
Just how much could one, itty-bitty
chocolate cookie with mint m&m’s
affect my miles of empty intestines?
Ah, me. Seven days to go.

Mint M&M Ornamented Chocolate Cookies
“Have you TASTED these mint m&m’s,” friends Nathan & Bethany asked one afternoon. Grabbing a fresh bag from their kitchen, they peeled it open and poured giant Christmas-colored jewels into my hands. Merry Mintmas.
Have YOU TASTED these mint m&m’s? Well, if not…you haven’t properly said hello to the season. They.are.M.azing. And paired with these brownie-esque chocolate cookies. Well.
Well. Oh, well. OH, well.
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 3/4 c. flour
2 c. mint m&m’s
Cream butter, sugar and eggs until whippy-white. Add remaining ingredients and beat just until combined. Plop onto a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
One switcheroni on this recipe tomorrow
Then, I promise.
Off of the cookie kick for a while.
For now, I’m off to grab a drink
of my cayenne pepper lemonade.
Seven days to go.
Seven.
Seven.

10 Responses to “Mint M&M Ornamented Chocolate Cookies”

1. Cristine says:

Beautiful pictures!!! I love all the cookies! :)

2. moseyalong says:

You’re doing a cleanse WHILE doing Christmas baking? As my Papa used to say, you’re a beggar for punishment. (yummy yum yum)

3. Lianne says:

Are you adding the M&Ms on top AFTER baking or including them before?

(From a non-baking mom who needs LOTS of direction) lol

4. ConversationsWithACupcake says:

Lianne-

Add them TO the dough, then place a few afterwards on top for good measure. They look better that way!

Good luck, my little non-baking mom. These are quite simple. I’ll bet they will turn out BEAUTIFULLY!

5. KDLOST says:

yayyyyy! christmas cookies!!! yayyy!

6. Live.Love.Eat says:

Master cleanse. Wow. I tried reading through it a bit since I do a cleansing 2x a year and was curious, but it’s lot to read!!! How are you feeling on it?

7. ConversationsWithACupcake says:

Live.Love.Eat- I ADORE the Master Cleanse. I seriously do. This is the third time I’ve detoxed with it thise year (though the 2nd time I only went half-way.)

Day three is typically the hardest day for me (as it most definitely was yesterday) but I woke up this morning feeling Great! Hurrah! It’s really worth the read, if you’re looking for an inexpensive, really lovely way to detox! What do you typically do?

8. Jennifer says:

Mmmm….the mint M&M's and I are very well acquainted, thank you. They are fabulous! Thanks for the recipe!
    And do please tell more about Master Cleanse…never heard of it. Where can I find out more?

As always, your blog makes me smile!
    Jingles,
    Jen

9. Kait says:

I am currently baking these cookies. Just wanted to let you know i put them in for 8 mnts and they didnt budge from the original ball. I dont know if 7–9 mnts is quite long enough!