Warm Me Bones Up Chili with Steak & Black Beans

I might be stewing this week.
I might be stewing soup this week.
I might be stewing soup a lot this week.
Because it’s
freezing
outside.
And inside.
And even under my covers
where I crawl and curl up tight
like a shivering naked mole rat
{only, in flannel pj’s.}
Frankly, I’m sick of it.
I will, therefore, attempt to warm
everything
with a bowl {or nine} of soups.
Because,
after all
doesn’t
hot soup
cure
just about
…everything?
Warm Me Bones Up Chili with
Steak & Black Beans
Toss in steak and beans, and a few fixin’s, and you’ve got yourself this fine big bowl of chili. Beware, this is a thin chili. If you like yerself a thicker one, replace the beef broth with a can of tomato sauce.
1 lb. top Round, thin cut, sliced
1 Tbsp, oil
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
½ medium onion
15 oz. black beans
6 oz. tomato paste
14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
15 oz. tomato sauce
Cilantro
1 packet Taco Seasoning (about 1 ½ T)
1 c. beef broth or prepared beef bouillion
In a large pot, heat oil. Cook steak with garlic and onions until steak is browned throughout. Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Serve it up.
Warmest Wishes
for a Fine & Fancy Monday.
(How’s Christmas coming?!)

9 Responses to “Warm Me Bones Up Chili with Steak & Black Beans”

Cristine on December 22, 2008 at 3:30 am Reply

Looks yummy! I’m freezing here,too! Soup definately makes things better!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday! Try and stay warm!

Noah's Mommy on December 22, 2008 at 8:58 am Reply

I love me some Chili…how good does that look…and it is FREAKING cold….

Gloria on December 22, 2008 at 9:13 am Reply

Love this post, I would like here was freeze dear!!! we have 30º today!! and shopping with this is not funny!!!Well enjoy your soup,your home and have a nice day!!! xxGloria

Miss JC on December 22, 2008 at 12:00 pm Reply

That looks SOOO good! I think I will make some…very soon. :)

Brandon and Erica on December 22, 2008 at 4:33 pm Reply

Sister McLay! I am sure you don’t remember me, as I am just one-of-the-many EFY counselors who adored you from afar, and upclose :-). I was a counselor at the CO Springs session in ’04, and then at BYU when you came out to the session later that summer. So, I know it’s a mere four years later, and I don’t expect you to remember me….but, I have always remembered and admired you and your family. You taught me the “transitional character” idea, because I was coming from a ::fairly:: dysfunctional family. (Dare I admit this over Blogspot? Yikes!)….I attribute my happy marriage to some of your teachings about being a Daughter of God and making yourself a good family by CHOICES that I make, rather than the choices my parents made.

I found you through Meg Gazaway….hope you don’t mind. I will now be an official fan of your blog. Glad to see I’m not the only one who talks to cupcakes ;-). Your blog is adorable…I plan to use many-a-recipe…and, your kids. Oh, the kids! sooo soo cute!

The Blonde Duck on December 22, 2008 at 5:23 pm Reply

BE still my heart. I think your chilli has stolen it. Steak…beans…faint.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer on December 22, 2008 at 8:09 pm Reply

That looks perfect as I am still thawing out from a weekend in Chicago!! YUM

Live.Love.Eat on December 23, 2008 at 2:54 pm Reply

Steak AND beans. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikki Black on January 5, 2009 at 8:27 pm Reply

I am so glad I found your site! I can’t eat all your recipes, but they all look fabulous, and you’re fun to read to!

Can’t wait to see what you cook up next. (I am SO trying that roast recipe next time, BTW)