Rock On POM Squares

All week, I’ve been practicing dance moves
that can be executed in the confines
of a 12 inch x 12 concert seat.

Thus far I have perfected:

The Pursed-Lip, Eyebrows-Activated Head Bob

The Feeling-The-Groove Toe Tap
The Lady-Like-Mosh-Pit Jump
The Cell-Phone-Left-to-Right Sway
The Freestyle Shoulder Shrug
The Four-Cornered-Windmill Hand Pump
The I’ve-Had-Four-Kids-But-Can-Still-Be-Funky Booty Shake
Oh, I know it’s not much.
But it’s all I’ve got.
After all, I am human.
Not dancer.
{Though, on Saturday, I WILL dance.}

Rock On POM Squares
If you’re going to indulge, do it in style. The addition of POM juice to a {slightly} traditional lemon square recipe is sure to make you dance like no one is watching. POM juice has just enough tartness to keep this dessert from being over-the-top sweet, and adds it’s rich color to the treat, creating quite the show. Whip up a batch of these and you may just be one lace glove and a tulle hairbow away from superstardom.

CRUST:
1 c. butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 c. flour
Dash of Salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combine with a fork, then press into a 9×13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until slightly browned.

FILLING:
1 egg
4 egg whites
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. POM 100% Pomegranate juice
2 T. Lemon Juice
2 c. sugar
Zest of 1 orange & 1 lemon

With an electric mixer, beat all ingredients until fully incorporated. To amp up the red POM color, put a few drops of food coloring in, if so desired. Pour over cooled crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until center is set. Allow to cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
May your wildest wishes come true.

9 Responses to “Rock On POM Squares”

WishTrish on January 15, 2009 at 11:10 am Reply

Oh, I haven’t been by in a little while, and I missed the big change. LOVE the new design!!!

Love the Killers, too!

May all YOUR wildest dreams come true!

The Muse on January 15, 2009 at 11:10 am Reply

I LOVE the name of your dances! LOL LOL
    go girl…shake your booty…!
    (within the designated confines of course and with all decorum)
    LOL

KDLOST on January 15, 2009 at 12:12 pm Reply

hahaha! get on with yo bad self! shake that groove thing.

mmmmmm POM…. mmmmmm

Becki Madsen on January 15, 2009 at 2:57 pm Reply

Are you seriously going to the Killers concert? I am 100% jealous! We were going to go but then came along Hailey’s $1700.00 shot. So we will be sitting home, I hope you bust a seriously big dance move for me you lucky lady!

Jenny on January 15, 2009 at 3:11 pm Reply

Lucky you! I would love to see them in concert. He’s worth staring at for a couple hours! Enjoy and get your groove on!

The Cake Lady on January 16, 2009 at 11:16 am Reply

Looks Like Your Kinda Contest BROOKE!!!

Take a look if your not already working on it! Shelley

The Cake Lady on January 16, 2009 at 1:04 pm Reply

Maybe We Should start with Birthday cupcakes!! :)

Sophie on January 16, 2009 at 9:38 pm Reply

Haha! Love the made up dances and the pom squares, they sound so original and tasty :).

It's All Good on February 5, 2009 at 8:17 pm Reply

i love this song! your blog is to cute!