QUICK & CRUNCHY PAD THAI

Quick blog.
The kidz are upstairs
waiting for me
to read to them.
And I’d rather be doing that
than writing
wittiness
in cyberspace.
Peace Out.
QUICK & CRUNCHY PAD THAI
Why wait for delivery or take out, when you can have this delectable meal on the table in less than ten minutes? A basic package of ramen noodles is given a thai-style makeover when paired with a sweet and spicy sauce, crushed peanuts, and the quick-ready flavor of French fried onions.
FOR THE NOODLES:
1 3oz. package ramen noodles
1/2 c. cabbage, shredded
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 T. sugar
1 T. rice vinegar
1 T. soy Sauce
1/2 t. sesame oil
1/4 t. crushed red pepper
FOR THE DISH:
1/2 c. french fried onions
1/4 c. peanuts, crushed
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
DIRECTIONS:
In a medium pot, bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Add noodles and cabbage and cook 3 minutes, or until noodles are softened. Strain.
In a skillet or wok, add ingredients for sauce together over medium high heat. Toss in noodle & cabbage mixture. Sprinkle french fried onions, peanuts, and cilantro atop. Serve immediately & enjoy!
abrupt. breakneck. brisk. brief. curt. hurried. immediate.impetuous.instantaneous.perfunctory. posthast. prompt. pronto.spry.swift.winged.

13 Responses to “QUICK & CRUNCHY PAD THAI”

Laura on February 23, 2009 at 3:09 am Reply

Oh yum. Those look delicious thanks for inspiring me. Stopping in from sits-Laura

The Blonde Duck on February 23, 2009 at 5:37 am Reply

You think you could add tofu or chicken to this? My husband would love it.

KDLOST on February 23, 2009 at 9:34 am Reply

quick IS cool! and yum.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer on February 23, 2009 at 9:45 am Reply

I am all about quick these days!! This looks great!

Sophie on February 23, 2009 at 9:50 am Reply

This beats take-out! :)

Tiff on February 23, 2009 at 11:28 am Reply

OOHH that looks so good! Thanks for the recipe!! Coming at ya from SITS!

Becki Madsen on February 23, 2009 at 1:46 pm Reply

I love quick and yummy! I would much rather read to my kids then cook too!

Pixeltrash on February 23, 2009 at 9:28 pm Reply

Sounds awesome! I may have to try this… I love to cook too and Thai food is a fav of mine! Found you on SITs! I’ll keep listening for the whispers coming from your cute little foods!

Jamie on February 24, 2009 at 9:41 am Reply

This sounds excellent! Love the crunchy stuff! And easy enough for me!

Jamie on February 24, 2009 at 9:42 am Reply

This sounds excellent! Love the crunchy stuff! And easy enough for me!

Michele M. on March 10, 2009 at 7:08 am Reply

I tried this recipe last night and my husband and I loved it! It is as easy as you said it would be. I have a confession to make… this recipe caused me to buy a head of cabbage for the very first time.

Thanks for sharing!

Alicia on January 4, 2010 at 9:57 am Reply

Love this! The hubby is half-Thai and this is a quick and EASY way to get some of that Thai flavor without all the billion ingredients in most Thai cooking. I added chicken for a bit of protein but I'm sure shrimp would be great, too.

Recardo on March 24, 2014 at 10:03 pm Reply

Oh Mr., maybe you not understand THAI enguoh, you cannot think about other countrys with the way you think (western way of cause!) We have culture & tradition that maybe complicate than your though.Why don’t you study history about Thaksin Shinawatra a little more and you will know that he treat Thai country and Thai people like a company He success for manipulates poor people to think Ohh!!! we’re poor, we’re weak, we have to sit and wait for money and everythings!!! More over, hardly study about our beloving King, his works for Thai people much more than you know.