Sparkle Berries

The top of the Chrysler Building
Oh,yes.
And
every worthy
dessert.
Sparkle Berries
For my wedding, my dearest Aunt Paula (queen of all catering goodness. Maker of family memories and mouthwatering meals) insisted that my sorta cheap and plain plans be exchanged for inexpensive but extravagant ideas. Love her. She turned my wedding from blah.blah.bloo to va-va-voom with her magical touch. Her favorite touch changed my wedding cake from what.e.va to WOWzers with the addition of crystallized fruit. Is it possible to NOT love anything which includes the word crystallized?
1 egg white
1 t. water
1 c. white sugar or organic sugar
1 c. fresh berries or grapes
In a small bowl, whish egg white and water together. Use a basting brush to gently brush egg onto fruit. Generously sprinkle with sugar. Set on a cooling rack and allow to harden for 1-2 hours. Serve atop store-bought waffles cookies with fresh cream and orange zest.
Speaking of our wedding day…
All I want for Valentines:
A handsome lad to tote
these two fine ladies to the annual
Daddy-Daughter dance.

Wish Granted.
Still my k.i.s.a after all these years.
XO, My Sweet.

16 Responses to “Sparkle Berries”

1. Noodle says:

Thank you for the secret to sparkly fruit! It’s beautiful, and so is your family!

2. Sophie says:

I love the new look! All the sparkles too, what a fun way to serve fruit!

3. Jaime says:

Love it, Brooke! And I love those cuties. Alyssa still shocks me when she stands next to me, and I think she can’t possibly be that tall now. I guess Becca will always be a kindergartner who gabbed with Stuart, and Alyssa will always be my little preschooler.

4. Abby says:

Was it on your cake?! I love sugared fruit – it’s so Martha Stewart (my hero). I think it’s just gorgeous on cakes…

5. Debbie Y. says:

Awwwww, how sweet the Daddy/Daughter Valentine Dance pics.

I love crystallized!!

6. Jaime says:

Also, want to say . . . LOVE the new banner. It’s my favorite yet!

7. Zesty Cook says:

Very Neat Idea! Thanks

8. I am Harriet says:

Oh wow!
    Adorable!

9. Live.Love.Eat says:

Sparkly fruit? Who knew? Looks so sweet and pretty!!!!!

Thank you SO much for the new bloggy headers. You did a great job and I love them. Thank you!!!!

10. rightonmom says:

New here, and totally like your blog. I like how you included teeth on your list, one can never neglect dental hygeine!

11. Tiffany says:

Oooh! That fruit looks pretty.

12. kitchenscraps says:

those sparkly fruit are quite inspired.
    They are gorgeous and elegant and all those lovely adjectives that are used to describe princesses and fancy birds!
    I’m pretty sure that when you and I go to the store for eggs, milk and butter, a princess would send a handmaiden to pick up your list of sparkly items. Standard princess fare.
    Is that a lovely new banner too? I like the white background.

13. Miss JC says:

Oh, that looks so yummy..and your girls are sooo cute.

14. Rebecca says:

The pictures are amazing..I think they may be my favorite yet… I will have to try this but I may need to wait until they are in season. Just too expensive here right now..

15. Jamie says:

Very cute and sweet. And love the sparkly fruit!

16. I intended to put you that very small remark to help say thanks a lot over again regarding the remarkable guidelines you have documented above. It’s certainly seriously open-handed with you to offer publicly just what many of us could possibly have sold for an e-book to help with making some cash for themselves, precisely considering that you might well have tried it in the event you wanted. The advice likewise worked to become a fantastic way to fully grasp many people have a similar dream the same as mine to grasp whole lot more when it comes to this condition. I believe there are lots of more enjoyable opportunities in the future for those who scan through your blog.