Signature-Stamped Chocolate Chip Cookies

Love. Love.
True Love.

The Ultimate Conversations With A Cupcake
Signature-Stamped Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oh, I know. Chocolate chip cookie recipes are as plentiful as mosquitoes in the swampland. As prolific as bad gossip in the tabloids. Yet. These classic cookies are no plain-old-everybody’s-got-it kind of a recipe. No sirree. These are born, bred and baked with our downturned economy in mind. Got no cash for pure butter? When you bake these goodies, you won’t even miss it. I am not kidding. This recipe is so good you will never again want to waste a penny on anything but these few simple ingredients. So, go. Now. Flee to the pantry and fling the following items into a bowl. Then, prepare to be delighted beyond all rational thought.
1/2 c. canola oil
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vinegar
1 3/4 c. flour
1 c. mini chips
In a large bowl mix together oil, sugar, and egg whites. Add remaining ingredients. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then place on cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just barely browned on the edges.
Oh.My.

23 Responses to “Signature-Stamped Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Pixeltrash on April 23, 2009 at 8:19 pm Reply

Mmmmm! I’ll try them. They sound wonderful. And they look even better!

apparentlyjessy on April 23, 2009 at 8:36 pm Reply

Yum! So many different delicious looking recipes to try, so little time! I am really feeling like choc chip cookies now…but I am feeling lazy, and there is a Betty Crocker packet mix in the cupboard….hehe

Liz on April 23, 2009 at 8:58 pm Reply

Have to start trying out your recipes there awesom

Cristine on April 24, 2009 at 2:52 am Reply

I love chocolate chip cookies and love trying new recipes. Bookmarking this one! :)

Christina Lee on April 24, 2009 at 6:05 am Reply

those ingredients are quite different- I think I’ll give it a go!

Megan on April 24, 2009 at 6:29 am Reply

Sound delicious, thanks!

Lydia on April 24, 2009 at 6:38 am Reply

Hey Brooke-
    What is the purpose of the vinegar in the recipe? I have seen vinegar and baking soda combined in cake and other recipes that omit eggs, but notice you also have egg whites in the recipe. Sounds very interesting and I might just have to make some up this weekend. Thanks!

ConversationsWithACupcake on April 24, 2009 at 7:06 am Reply

Lydia-

The vinegar & soda act as a natural leavening agent in this recipe, giving the center of these cookies a crisp, light texture on top while allowing the heavier ingredients to sink to the bottom and remain wickedly chewy.

The egg whites keep the dough light, as well. The total effect is…mindboggling. I adore these cookie with full passion of my tastebuddish soul.

Thanks for asking! Happy baking!

Sweet Things on April 24, 2009 at 7:13 am Reply

I just love your pics and blog post. They make me smile!

Becki Madsen on April 24, 2009 at 8:21 am Reply

I love that they don’t need butter! I am going to make these this weekend, thanks Brooke!

Anonymous on April 24, 2009 at 11:21 am Reply

Hi Brooke

Any suggestions for us Brits who don’t have canola oil?

Emma

Jennifer on April 24, 2009 at 5:04 pm Reply

Hmmmm… I happen to think I make killer chocolate chip cookies, but this recipe intrigues me…very interesting! Aren’t you so clever?

I will have to try it. I’ll let you know how they turn out!

Tootles!

Jennifer on April 24, 2009 at 5:05 pm Reply

I don’t have canola oil… what about safflower oil?

ConversationsWithACupcake on April 24, 2009 at 5:12 pm Reply

Jennifer & Emma:

Vegetable or a light olive oil should work FINE. (I would guess safflower would have them turn out okay, too).

The biggest secret to having these come out PERFECTLY is to stick to the exact ration of ingredients. The cupfuls of sugar, the oil and flour. Measure it strictly & they should work wonderfully!

Thanks for your questions!

Yaya on April 25, 2009 at 7:41 pm Reply

Mmmm…sounds to-die-for!

Thanks for the create youtube link. That was great! I really do feel like I’m figuring out my purpose in life lately.

Lisa Loo on April 27, 2009 at 9:34 pm Reply

Wow- I have never seen a recipe for chocochip cookies like this–I am excited to try!

Amanda on May 3, 2009 at 9:03 pm Reply

I just found your blog after following your comment to Bakerella’s post. Your pictures are so adorable with the little faces and word bubbles. :)

And this cookie looks absolutely amazing.

I’m adding you to my reader!

marta on May 13, 2009 at 2:19 pm Reply

ooh, so happy to find this blog. so cute and darling and super fun. chocolate chips are my guilty pleasure. will have to try these.

i think my hubby will love you for it.

Eva on May 26, 2009 at 10:58 pm Reply

I’m glad I read the comments before diving in to this recipe. I’m not much for exact measurements see.
    I concentrated and measured exactly this time though, and they came out beautifully.

betchacanteatjustone on June 10, 2009 at 9:19 am Reply

Excited to try these out today!

Clairissa on December 7, 2009 at 7:31 pm Reply

I substituted apple sauce instead of oil and they turned out awesome! Thanks for the recipe!

home on May 15, 2014 at 8:47 am Reply

Generally I Don’t Read Post On Blogs, But I Would Like To Say That This Write-up Very Pressured Me To Try And Do So! Your Writing Style Has Been Surprised Me. Thanks, Quite Great Post.

bonus on June 2, 2014 at 5:28 am Reply

Saya sangat senang untuk menemukan situs ini pada google.I ingin mengucapkan banyak terima kasih kepada Anda berkaitan dengan posting ini luar biasa!