Honeyed Yogurt Cuppies

I’m sort of a fan of any word
that is as fun to pronounce as onomatopoeia
{words that imitate the sound they describe}
How’ere would we get by without

.Babbling Babes
.Twinkling Wedding Lights
.Whimper-Worthy Desserts
.Words that make us say…
WheeHeeeee!?

Honeyed Yogurt Cuppies
Stonyfield Farms sent me a stack full of free-try coupons for their splendid Greek Yogurt. Not since hubby and I made the transatlantic flight from Chicago to Switzerland have I been so enamorated with a cup full of creamy yogurt. Worth the try. Worth the buy. No substitutions. OIKOS yogurt gives these splendid cupcakes an incredibly creamy, moist texture with the subtle kick of honey and yogurt flavor swirled atop. Yummm.
3 egg whites
1 egg
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
juice of 1 fresh lemon
1-5.3 oz. cup Stonyfield Farm OIKOS Honey Greek Yogurt
1/4 tsp. salt
4 oz. vanilla or white chocolate pudding
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. flour
In a medium bowl, whip egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine egg, butter and sugar. Beat until well creamed. Mix milk and lemon juice. Pour curdled milk and yogurt into bowl with sugar mixture, beat until mixed. Add all other ingredients. Combine just until well-mixed. Best the next day.
Spoon into prepared wrappers, bake 325 for 22-25 minutes.
Makes 24 cupcakes.

YoFro
(Yogurt Frosting)
1 stick butter
1 5.3 oz. Stonyfield Farm OIKOS Honey Greek Yogurt
32 oz. powdered sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla
Whip together with an electric beater until supremely creamy. Add additional powdered sugar by the 1/2 cup, if your frosting needs to be more firm. Add a milk by the teaspoons if your frosting needs to be more runny. Enjoy!

19 Responses to “Honeyed Yogurt Cuppies”

TERI REES WANG on July 6, 2009 at 11:58 am Reply

Yee-Haw!

peaknits on July 6, 2009 at 12:59 pm Reply

Omg, these sound delicious – i;m adding that yogurt to my shopping list! Thank you!

Kim on July 6, 2009 at 3:34 pm Reply

Those sound divine!!

Chablis on July 6, 2009 at 5:28 pm Reply

You're so cute! I love the creative entertainment with each post.

YUMMO!

apparentlyjessy on July 6, 2009 at 7:55 pm Reply

I am learning to become a word fan too, and am loving the word of the day application on my iphone!
    These yoghurt cupcakes sound and look delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

It's All Good on July 7, 2009 at 7:48 am Reply

uhhhhhhhhhhh….YUM!!!!!!!

gdyup on July 7, 2009 at 9:23 am Reply

Oh these look yummy! Question though what kind of vanilla or white chocolate pudding did you use?

Tracey

Jaymi on July 7, 2009 at 9:26 pm Reply

i think i just gained about 8 pounds just looking at those cupcakes, and it was worth it1

{Katie Lane} on July 7, 2009 at 9:43 pm Reply

That's the pretties cupcake I've ever seen :)

Sophie on July 8, 2009 at 10:40 am Reply

I love greek yogurt, it's the magic baking ingredient. That frosting sounds killer, how cool is that! I never thought I could make a yogurt frosting, yummy!

camille on July 8, 2009 at 8:01 pm Reply

i love your blog!

Becki Madsen on July 8, 2009 at 10:05 pm Reply

Looks scrumptious! We miss you and your family but hope you are having a great time!

sara on July 11, 2009 at 11:32 am Reply

I can't wait to make these! THey look delicious. One question: For the pudding, do you mean I should use the instant pudding mix (like by Jello)? Or should I actually make the pudding and then use it?

Cristine on July 12, 2009 at 10:44 pm Reply

Those look SO good! YUM!

Noodle on July 12, 2009 at 11:21 pm Reply

I love your site, your spirit, and your delectable creations!

Your's Truly on July 20, 2009 at 12:09 am Reply

Your blog rocks!!

All the best for everything you've been chasing.

Katie on August 5, 2009 at 3:49 pm Reply

Hello there! I hope you get this comment even though it's rather belated. I discovered your blog a while back and I had to stop by to tell you how wonderful I think it is! I made these cupcakes (the Honeyed Yogurt ones) on Saturday and I'm in love. I think they've changed my life. ;) I've been eating so many a day that my dietician mother is ashamed.

I dedicated a post on my blog to you and my friend Lauren suggested I tell you about it so you could read my adoration for yourself. If you're interested it's here: http://kismetkate88.blogspot.com/2009/08/fan-letter.html

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes with us!

Skye on August 25, 2009 at 8:56 pm Reply

I had some "funfetti" boxed icing in the pantry and I just bought some Oikos yogurt so I thought I would try your recipe! I know it's shameful that I didn't go all the way and make the homemade cupcakes this time, but the icing was yummy. I had plain Oikos, not honey flavored, but I added about a tablespoon of honey and some extra vanilla to make up for it. Thanks as always for the fun and delicious recipe! :)

Lauren Kay on September 27, 2009 at 6:42 pm Reply

I made these today and they were to die for! Absolutely delicious. I couldn't find honey yogurt either so I used plain but they were still really good. A raspberry on top added an extra delicious punch.