MaryBerry Mascarpone Mousse Cups

Ladies and gentlemen.
{Drumroll please}
It is my pleasure to introduce
~FOR ONE WEEK ONLY~
the one-of-a-kind vocal stylings of the
sensationally delectable
Blueberrrrry Brotherrrrs…
{the.crowd.roars.as.they.enter.the.arena}
MaryBerry Mascarpone Mousse Cups
This no-bake, naturally low-sugar dessert combines the grown-up sophistication of mascarpone & rosemary layered atop a shortbread crust and set beneath the sweet, fresh pop of ripe blueberries. Yet, let your heart be cheered. Big-people flavor ain’t no reason to sing the blues. Served as single-size helpings in Large Party Cups you can’t help but feel giddy as a kid while plastic-spooning into layer after layer of happy-go-snappy flavors. Zee boppa zoopity bow WOW!
SHORTBREAD CRUST
1 c. shortbread cookie crumbs
3 T. butter, melted
1 T. honey
Zest of 1 lemon
In a small bowl, place finely crushed cookie crumbs then add butter, honey and lemon zest. Stir until mixture is well coated. Spoon into 12 party cups and allow to cool & firm before topping with Hidden Blueberry Sauce and Mascarpone Mousse.

HIDDEN BLUEBERRY SAUCE
1/2 c. blueberry preserves, slightly heated
In a small bowl, microwave blueberry preserves until warm and slightly runny. Spoon a teaspoon of sauce in each cup over cooled crust.
MASCARPONE MOUSSE
1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. honey
8 oz. mascarpone
1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, well crushed*
1/4 tsp. salt
In a large bowl, whip cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add remaining ingredients and whip until light and fluffy (about 1 minute more.) Spoon into each cup atop Hidden Blueberry Sauce. Top with blueberries and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 48 hours.
*To crush the rosemary, I measured the needed amount, zipped it into a plastic bag, then rolled a wooden rolling pin over it until the large sprigs of rosemary were nicely smooshed.
BLUEBERRY TOPPING
1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
Wash & dry blueberries. Spoon generously atop mousse in each cup. Chill, if needed, to firm cups before serving.
The Blueberries have
Left the Building.
{they are now inst my tummy.}

40 Responses to “MaryBerry Mascarpone Mousse Cups”

SugarandSpice on June 29, 2009 at 12:35 am Reply

Not only does that look delicious…but I loved the adorable pics leading up to the dessert. I am definitely going to make that, both my girls LOVE blueberries! Stopping by from sits. Have a great Monday!!!

thatgirlblogs on June 29, 2009 at 12:48 am Reply

adorable!!!

found you on sits — following your blog!

apparentlyjessy on June 29, 2009 at 12:55 am Reply

Oh gosh that looks delicious! I love blueberries…nom nom nom

Yaya on June 29, 2009 at 3:33 am Reply

You are far too creative! Congrats on being the first sits commenter today!

K @ Blog Goggles on June 29, 2009 at 4:36 am Reply

Wow. Unbelievable.

Mary K Brennan on June 29, 2009 at 5:13 am Reply

Yum! I love easy recipes. This one is sure to get tried.
    Stopping by from SITS.

Sarah on June 29, 2009 at 6:10 am Reply

What a yummy blog! I too like cupcakes – I just make them out of paper is all! Have a wonderful week (I found you over at SITS!)

Live.Love.Eat on June 29, 2009 at 6:48 am Reply

Just SO cute! Whenever I come here I feel like eating and dancing and singing all at once.

Nerdy Jess on June 29, 2009 at 7:30 am Reply

Holeymoley! That looks amazing!

Sandy Toes on June 29, 2009 at 7:31 am Reply

Oh my this sounds like a Killer of a dessert!
    sandy toe

Lee on June 29, 2009 at 7:39 am Reply

Looks super yummy! Love your blog! Stopping by from SITS!

Natalie on June 29, 2009 at 8:15 am Reply

Everyone had blueberry fever this weekend!! (But you may take the award for most creative as always!). These look delicious and as I have 2 lbs of blueberries left, I may have to make these!!

kel on June 29, 2009 at 8:38 am Reply

oh my gosh… my tummy is actualy rumbling!

Sue Sparks on June 29, 2009 at 8:39 am Reply

Sounds so good! We picked a bunch fresh blueberries(on Memorial Day) and I may have to retrieve some from the freezer:)

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC on June 29, 2009 at 9:04 am Reply

This sure look good! Congrats on being #1 at SITS.

LeAnn on June 29, 2009 at 10:16 am Reply

Ok, so I have what may be a dumb question…..where on earth do you find the mascarpone? I have looked high and low and have had no success thus far.

Phoenix on June 29, 2009 at 11:04 am Reply

LOVE.

oneordinaryday on June 29, 2009 at 11:52 am Reply

Sounds wonderful.

makeitworkmom on June 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm Reply

I love your cupcake (and blueberry) conversations! :) And this looks absolutely scrumptious! I just learned that my 1.5-yr-old absolutely loves blueberries, so we'll expand her horizons a little. :)

The Blonde Duck on June 29, 2009 at 12:22 pm Reply

I just love you! This had me grooving along!

Joanna on June 29, 2009 at 1:53 pm Reply

Is there a substitute for marscapone cheese? My husband is allergic to it. Your blog is so darling!

Holly Noelle @ Domestic Dork on June 29, 2009 at 2:06 pm Reply

Loooooove it! Love the pics and the song! And I loooove blueberries!
    (visiting from SITS)

ConversationsWithACupcake on June 29, 2009 at 2:10 pm Reply

LeAnn & Joanna-

Thanks for your questions!

Mascaropone can typcially be found in the deli-cheese section. It will be in a small 8 oz.tub, simliar to cream cheese.

ACTUALLY, mascarpone IS an Italian cream cheese. So, you could simply substitute plain old philadelphia cream cheese for the mascarpone in this recipe, should you desire.

THANKS! Happy baking!

bluecottonmemory on June 29, 2009 at 5:37 pm Reply

Yum!. . .Yum! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for being the wizard in the magical kitchen coming up with these great ideas that make me look great when friends come over:)

Jen on June 29, 2009 at 5:50 pm Reply

Fabulous!!

TERI REES WANG on June 29, 2009 at 8:15 pm Reply

Well, you made my blue mood sing a new tune. ;P

Be well.

Carolyn on June 29, 2009 at 9:39 pm Reply

Stopping by from SITS.

I LOVE blueberries and am going to try your recipe. Looks wonderful!
    Have a great day!

Becki Madsen on June 30, 2009 at 6:50 am Reply

I love your pictures, are you just loving your new camera lens? This recipe looks delightful, I am a sucker for blueberries!

Nathan and Bethany on June 30, 2009 at 3:12 pm Reply

Okay, I had a lot of time alone this last week and, I kid you not, I kept tasting your blueberry/rosemary slice of heaven as I was driving. I think that's a good sign! Can't wait to see you this week!

Tom and Mel on July 1, 2009 at 3:55 am Reply

Wow Brooke! How do you come up with all of these!?! You are simply amazing! I just put a link to your blog from mine, because I wanted to share your talent with my other friends. Hope you're having a good EFY week!

;-) Mel

jasmine on July 2, 2009 at 4:20 pm Reply

haha! oh my gosh! this is absolutely adorable! and they look delicious.

i don't know HOW i haven't seen your blog before. we seem to run in common circles!

Jaime on July 3, 2009 at 12:07 am Reply

Oh my goodness, Brooke. You've done it again.

That looks so delectably edible.

Mascarpone cheese. I think that must be the secret to life.

Phantomkid on July 3, 2009 at 12:22 pm Reply

Wow mom! amazing!

Amelia on July 4, 2009 at 7:55 pm Reply

What ADORABLE pics! Cute! Cute! And quite yummy looking. Found you via English Muse. Adore your blog. :)

lyndsay on July 5, 2009 at 11:35 am Reply

love it! and SUPERYUM. love how bluuueeee those pics are… :)

Tami (Pixeltrash) on July 5, 2009 at 4:48 pm Reply

That sounds awesome. I love marscapone and with rosemary in them? Yum. I'm going to have to try this one too.

PS. I made cupcakes for the 4th, but they just didn't talk to me the way yours do. They were pretty cute though. I have some freebie printable cupcake wrappers on my blog if you'd like to snag them up.

Kristen on July 11, 2009 at 10:21 pm Reply

I love this! I live on a blueberry farm and I love seeing blueberries places. :)

Skye on July 28, 2009 at 2:42 pm Reply

I had never tried mascarpone until I made a modified version of your Nie cake (I made vanilla cake, but with the chocolate mascarpone filling). And OH MY GOSH it must be one of the yummiest foods I have tasted. How could I not have known about it before?? Thank you for introducing me! I can't wait to try this blueberry recipe! :D

li'l annie on February 27, 2010 at 3:12 pm Reply

I was first lured to your blog because of the Pollyanna cupcakes, but then I made these blueberry cuppies for my baby's 1st birthday party (it was a goldfish theme and I vaguely tried to convince everybody that the blueberries represented bubbles) and people were falling over themselves for seconds. I couldn't believe that anything this sensational could be so easy to make. Thanks for your sharing your culinary genius!

Bagus on March 25, 2014 at 5:25 pm Reply

I’m about to go crazy with your delicious phahogropty here SERIOUSLY! I have never thought of eating peaches this way, but now I’m convinced to give it a try. First need to go peaches. Somehow when I buy peaches, they all go soft at the same time and I have to eat right away. It’s so hard to control . but I have to dip in chocolate this sounds so goooooood!!