Angel Baby Cupcakes

There are times I just adore baking.
~rather~
There are times baking is just adorable.
*Today is one of those days.
Just as I was preparing to introduce my NEW ConversationsWithACupcake
Custom Created Recipe Program
I recieved an email from
two proud parents requesting cuppies be made on their
twin daughters behalf.

Just look at those two.
Couldn’t you quite nearly eat them for dessert?
Such a delight.
Heading into the creation chamber
(re: le kitchen en mi haus)
my mind was churning with thoughts of all things pink and girlie.
I considered several options.
Cupcakes made with pureed baby fruit.
Cupcakes made with swirls.
Or flowers.
Sparkles.
And Sprinkles.
Then, these words from Mama Jill proved the perfect inspiration:

We love our little girls so much. They are so beautiful and sweet. Not a day goes by that we don’t shower them in kisses and snuggles. We are treasuring every single moment…

This adorable picture of them when they were 7 months old really captures their personalities. Aubrie on the left, is often almost expressionless; she is always so calm and peaceful. We always call her the cherub in this picture because of her adorable chubby cheeks that droop down and her big blue eyes. Alaina on the right, however, is the pixie. She always wears a mischievous grin and looks like she is up to something.

Musing upon all things pixie, I felt quite content when I landed on the idea for a bubblegum cupcake, with a pile of Big League Chew atop. Like rose-colored fairy grass, I was tickled with the playful thoughts such a topping begged.
But, how to call the cherubic legions from their clouds to sit upon an angel cake?
Nothing but pure-pink cotton candy would do, fluffing from it’s pretty pink perch toward it’s heavenly home.
Aubrie & Alaina,
May you dream of sugar plums and pixie dust
Now and evermore.

Angel Baby Cupcake Batter
Just like twins, both of these adorable cupcake recipes arrive from a single batch. Here is the basic recipe to be whipped up for the both of them. It’s reminiscent of angel food cake, with the clear bang of butter to keep your sweet tooth in check. Light and fluffy and ready for fun.
6 egg whites
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 stick butter, softened & cut sliced into 1 T. pieces
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. baking powder*
2 c. flour*
1/4 c. boiling water
In a large bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. (SAAVY BAKER NOTE: egg whites that have come to room temperature will beat better. If you plan to make this recipe, be sure to pull your eggs out an hour in advance to bring them to appropriately warm them up.) Slowly beat in sugar. Add remaining ingredients. Beat just until batter is mixed. Don’t overbeat!
If you plan to make BOTH cupcakes, simply scoop 1 1/2 cup of batter into a medium sized bowl.
*If baking at low altitudes, add an additional 1/4 c. flour and 1/4 tsp. baking powder.
Then, add the following…
Pixie Pink Bubblegum Cupcakes
If you live by a well-stocked candy making palace, or plan to make these far in advance with time to order candy flavorings online, use candy oil to flavor your cupcakes. If, however, you’re feeling whimisical or don’t have access to a candy-making store, I’ve offered a “Tricky-Sticky” complimentary flavor option for both cupcakes using common ingredients. Either way, I think you’ll discover these to be a little girls dream come true.
EASY PEASY: Stir 1/4 tsp. bubblegum candy flavoring into prepared batter.
TRICKY STICKY OPTION: Stir 1/2 tsp. strawberry flavoring & pink dye into batter
or 1/4 tsp. strawberry kool-aid powder
Cherubic Cotton Candy Cupcakes
EASY PEASY: Stir 1/4 tsp. cotton candy flavoring into prepared batter.
TRICKY STICKY OPTION: Stir 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring & pink dye into batter
or 1/4 tsp. pink lemonade kool-aid powder
Spoon batters into prepared cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes, or until centers spring back when touched lightly.
Once They’ve Baked…
Allow to cool, then place a dollop of marshmallow fluff on cupcake, spread lightly.
For Bubblegum Cupcakes, heap a generous amount of Big League Chew atop
(I purchased mine at 7-11. Where else?!).
For Cotton Candy Cupcakes, heap a generous amount of Cotton Candy atop marshmallow fluff. (I found mine at Dollar Tree and Walmart.)
Allow to marhsmallow fluff to set slightly before serving.

Are your little cupcakes yet sick of summer?
Allow your girls, aged 6-12, a visit to the world of all things pink, fluffy, and friendly.
THE CUPCAKES CLUB
Best of all? Membership is free.
Wheeeeee!

24 Responses to “Angel Baby Cupcakes”

Jaime on August 3, 2009 at 1:01 am Reply

Brooke, I LOVE the new banner!
    And the cupcakes.
    And you, of course!

apparentlyjessy on August 3, 2009 at 1:21 am Reply

Bah, other comment had a spelling mistake in it! Try again:

Wow and double WOW! I love your new banner!! You have definitely created the perfect one for you now!

The twins are super adorable, and you made very fitting cupcakes in their honour, I love anything pink!

Polly R on August 3, 2009 at 3:42 am Reply

Mmmmm that angel one looks SO delicious!
    xx

Lisa on August 3, 2009 at 7:58 am Reply

So pretty! Love the banner.

chocolatecup on August 3, 2009 at 12:28 pm Reply

oh my! the cupcakes are adorable like crazy!!

Adam Kynaston on August 3, 2009 at 12:32 pm Reply

Brooke you are the most talented woman that walks. What else can be said? You deserve a medal of honor, and your own bakery. May God grant you both :)

Jennifer on August 3, 2009 at 12:55 pm Reply

BEAUTIFUL all around!!!

Chic Cookies on August 3, 2009 at 1:24 pm Reply

I believe these might possibly be the absolute cutest cupcakes ever. ever. (I linked on my edible crafts column: ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com). Ever.

Kim on August 3, 2009 at 4:36 pm Reply

WOW..you have a gift! These are just precious and fabulous!
    I love your new blog banner as well!

Holly on August 3, 2009 at 10:07 pm Reply

The new banner is awesome…well done! And the cupcakes are adorable. Are they sugar free? Just wondering :) Love you!

momto2munkeys on August 3, 2009 at 10:16 pm Reply

ahhhh,soooo cute!! I'll let you know if I can puul 'em off for my DD's birthday!! Wish me luck!!!

~Katie

Amanda on August 3, 2009 at 10:28 pm Reply

The new banner is terrif! And these cupcakes are genius. :D

{kiss my spatula} on August 3, 2009 at 11:48 pm Reply

wow wow wow – there are no words for these! soooo ridiculously cute!

Rachel@oneprettything.com on August 4, 2009 at 2:04 pm Reply

That is DARLING! I just found your blog via a link on CraftGossip. You have some amazing creative food ideas. I'd love to link to some of your posts if you didn't mind.

Debby Kaye on August 4, 2009 at 5:58 pm Reply

Wow, these couldn't have come at a better time! My twin girls are about to turn 6 on Saturday, these might just be the perfect treat! But do tell, is there anywhere local(COS) that I can find the cotton candy/bubble gum flavoring or did you have to order such delectable tastes?

Jo on August 5, 2009 at 6:30 am Reply

My gosh… this is way too CUTE!

lyndsay on August 5, 2009 at 2:19 pm Reply

big league chew.. total childhood memories…!! looks so awesome atop a cupcake, and a special little gum chew, post cupcake!

booksandbakes on August 5, 2009 at 4:20 pm Reply

I love the eyes!

Rosie

Anonymous on August 5, 2009 at 8:35 pm Reply

Very Fun!! I really enjoy your recipes and blog. How many cupcakes does the recipe make? thanks.

Kerri on August 6, 2009 at 6:27 am Reply

Stopping by from SITS…LOVE this blog! The baby cupcakes… PRECIOUS! You are so creative. Maybe I can catch some of that creativity by osmosis or something!
    Have a great one!

Irish3 on August 7, 2009 at 7:08 am Reply

The sweetest cupcakes ever to match 2 adorable girls! My daughter wants me to try the cotton candy cupcakes so I'll see what I can do, thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Lyndsey on September 2, 2009 at 11:30 am Reply

LOVE those pink cupcakes!!! So creative. Your pics are so awesome! Inspires me to work more on my site!

Evi on June 21, 2010 at 10:41 am Reply

Your recipes are not only incredibly deliciously but vastly creative. I love these little cupcakes and cannot wait to bake them! I must ask how do you think of these things? I must say kudos for your excellent taste, in may I say the field of "cupcake chic".

homepage on October 20, 2012 at 11:12 am Reply

I even-handed book obvious your blog on Digg and StumbleUpon.I dig reading your commentaries.