Hiya Cheeky.

Caramel Pop

Sometimes, the same old thing is fine.
My good husband subscribes to this philosophy most of the time,
ordering the same thing from the menu each time we eat at his favorite restaurant.
This dear man of mine has laid in our cold and lonely bed for four nights straight
because he happens to be married to a gal who believes quite the opposite.
I sort of adore change, always wanting to try something new, looking to add a little flair here or there, revamping the tarnation out of a perfectly lovely blog with the hopes that a bit of tinkering could make it all the more divine.
Hang in there, honey! I’m nearly finished!

So, other than my penchant for changing the perfectly acceptable,
the concept behind the ALL-NEW
ConversationsWithACupcake aka Tongue-N-Cheeky.com
grew out of a desire to expand my recipe offerings, obtain an www address,
and then there was the little matter of
this dress…

I found this little peach while perusing the offerings on StopStaring.com. When I glimpsed their Park Avenue dress, I fell head first into adoration.

{However can I thank the fabu L.A. clothing company for all the inspiring ideas they oozed into the Tongue-N-Cheeky blog redesign?! Founded on the idea of timeless and classic dresses, Stop Staring! clothing is inspired by silver screen glamour icons and have been featured in the world’s top fashion magazines including Vogue, Lucky, CosmoGirl,Life and Style, Allure, Seventeen, People, and more. And, it’s no wonder why! Everytime I slip into my divine little number, I feel instantly glamorous. It’s curve-huggy in all the right places, flatteringly slimming, and positively adorable. The only problem I have with Stop Staring? Trying to decide which dress to order next! There are too many I’ve fallen madly in love with…The Jewel Emrld, The BDavis, PLUS the entire line of cocktail dresses created for DaddyOs.com. I tell ya, it’s a fashion conundrum. A devastatingly delicious fashion conundrum.}

Then, there was this apron…

Designed by the glorious Dear Jane company.

It’s called the Mini Retro apron and I willing admit I’ve worn it around the house just for fun. Doesn’t it make you want to wear heels while you vaccum?

Even better yet…

They want you to have one!

Just CLICK HERE to view all of the Dear Jane half-aprons, then leave a comment and let me know which is your favorite.

One commentor will win a half-apron of their own.

Of course, there is more to the blog redesign than kitchen fashion.

The right sidebar is chock full of new marvels, including:

-My NEW site, CHEEKY SECRETS, wherein I share some of my best secrets for blogging successfully. A year ago this month I started a quirky little family blog, ConversationsWithACupcake. What a pleasure it’s been to watch that blog grow. I have always had a strong belief in the power of community, and feel that within the network of friends I’ve made via blogging. I also feel tremendously blessed to have found success through blogging, having made profit through advertising for the last six months. I hardly feel it’s my obligation to hog all of the things I’ve learned as my site has grown. It’s a pleasure to share with you some of the layout, advertising, and networking tricks that have helped my site increase viewership and gain steady site rankings. Cheeky Secrets will be updated weekly. Be sure to check the right sidebar for post updates!

-CHEEKY NOTEBOOKS, another NEW blogventure whose beginnings are detailed in the first post. You can check it out HERE.

-Weekly NOTEABLE POST links. So many of you send me links to your own amazing posts. Thank you! This is where I get to brag about you, my gifted readers. Watch for weekly updates!

-Have I ever told you what an honor it is to see my recipes being made by marvelous women around the world? It really, truly is a treat. The SHOUT OUTS link will connect you to my recipes, as seen on other sites. Updated weekly.

-A New BUTTON. Now you can be Cheeky, too!

-The LOOKING FOR COOKING archive, found at the bottom of the sidebar, will now show simplified recipe titles. If you are looking for a specific cupcake recipe, you no longer have to scroll through obscure titles with fingers crossed that you’ll find the recipe you’re looking for. (Please be patient on this one. I told my 11-year-old I’d pay him 5 bucks an hour to organize it. The task of sifting through 200 posts did not delight my heart. So, he’s taken the job over. Though, it’s coming along rather slowly. We’ll get it, though! I promise!)

-Many, many thanks to my newest advertisers, whose links can be found on the right sidebar. The CHEEKY ADVERTISING website is up and running. If you’re interested in advertising, I’d love to have you along! Please click HERE to see current ad rates, advertiser testimonials, and contact information.

-The original blogger address ConversationsWithACupcake.blogspot.com will still get you here safely.

-And, of course, where would we be without cheeky RECIPES?! Well, girlies. I’ve been working overtime to prepare some of the finest surprises and delights you’ve ever seen in Blogville. October is going to be absurdly delectable. Do say you’ll join me. I’m ever so delighted whene’re you stop in. Thank you.

- So, what can you expect from the New Tongue-N-Cheeky?! Upcoming posts that are more delicious and more fun than ever. None of which I could have pulled off by my lonesome. Throughout the last two weeks, my dearest friend & phenomenal photographer, Becki Madsen has been following me hither and yon, capturing the wildest and most whimisical desires on film. Don’t miss her photography site by clicking HERE. It was Becki, and equally chic blogging friend, Shauna who took all of the pictures for the TnC blog redesign. Thank you girls! How I do love you!

-Have a suggestion for something else you’d like to see? I’d love to hear from you!

POST EDIT, Thursday, 10:44 a.m: You darlings. Thank you for the many nice things you’ve said in your comments. Thank you, also for your feedback. I want to assure you that the food on Tongue-N-Cheeky will still often don funny faces and witty phrases. That quirky lil’ habit of mine ain’t going nowhere! I promise you nothing but party & personality all the time, here on Tongue-N-Cheeky! XO

Pop-Pops
{Vanilla Caramel Popcorn Pops}
I truly love this caramel recipe for it’s versatility and taste. It makes a lovely, creamy caramel which is both pliable enough to form shapes, and firm enough when dried to hold those shapes. And, doesn’t a stick make everything more appetizing?!

1 stick butter

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 c. light corn syrup

1/4 c. sweetened condensed milk

1/4 tsp. pure vanilla

Combine all ingredients (except apple vanilla) in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Once boiling, cook for 2 1/2 minutes (just until soft-ball stage). Remove from heat, add vanilla. Allow to cool slightly.

Pour caramel over 6-8 cups of fresh popped popcorn. When caramel is poured over popcorn, stir until well coated, then begin packing carameled popcorn into a 1/2 cup sized greased measuring cup. I used the cup that sits atop my Popcorn Air-Popper and it worked like a charm. Gently press a sucker stick into the center of each popcorn ball. Allow completed pops to set on parchment paper until cooled.

Off to snuggle with my waiting John.

{Thank you, Sweetsie, for being so patient with this redesign week. We made it! XO.XO.}

Toodles My Sweets.

88 Responses to “Hiya Cheeky.”

Anne on October 8, 2009 at 5:15 pm Reply

I absolutely love the new look- and you look gorgeous in those pictures! I looked at all the half aprons and my favorite is the mini retro.

Kassy on October 8, 2009 at 5:58 pm Reply

I love the sweetheart apron! I also love the new look! :)

Anita on October 8, 2009 at 6:12 pm Reply

I really like the mini retro…what a delightful thing to put in my daughter's hope chest!
    Anita Terpstra

Sherry Mc on October 8, 2009 at 6:14 pm Reply

my greatgrandmothers, my grandmothers, my mothers (inlaws too) wore half aprons almost all day. Even my granddaugher has asked me to make her a half apron of her own after seeing my mom in one. I would love to have the Festive Fruit apron to wear almost all day and remember all these wonderful people. Sherry Mc

LisaW on October 8, 2009 at 6:15 pm Reply

I love the new look! Can't wait to see what's in store!

Mona on October 8, 2009 at 6:44 pm Reply

I am totally in love with that sweetheart apron!

And your new site.

american girl primitives on October 8, 2009 at 6:58 pm Reply

Your site is really nice but I think I'll miss the cupcakes in the header. It looks like you're making up for that with all the nifty features though. I love the little black dress so glam. I like the pear and apple apron the best.

Carey

kelly gibson on October 8, 2009 at 7:25 pm Reply

definitely the mini retro! love the new site, btw.

Loren & Kim on October 8, 2009 at 7:44 pm Reply

I like the sweetheart apron! Very cute!

Loren & Kim on October 8, 2009 at 7:44 pm Reply

I like the sweetheart apron! Very cute!

Loren & Kim on October 8, 2009 at 7:44 pm Reply

I like the sweetheart apron! Very cute!

Loren & Kim on October 8, 2009 at 7:44 pm Reply

I like the sweetheart apron! Very cute!

Eva on October 8, 2009 at 10:14 pm Reply

Your new site is fantastic! I agree with your apron choice. The Mini Retro apron is my favorite.

Strawberry on October 8, 2009 at 10:20 pm Reply

i love the sassy strawberry!! (shocking, i know)

Mia on October 8, 2009 at 10:48 pm Reply

Oh how I love the Sassy Strawberry. And your dress! Need to find a way to convince my husband it's necessary…

gardenwindow on October 8, 2009 at 11:51 pm Reply

Love the Sassy Strawberry!!!!! Too adorable!

Dawn on October 9, 2009 at 7:42 am Reply

I love the Apple Pear with Ruffle apron! Sooo cute!

Thanks for the great giveaway!

betchacanteatjustone on October 9, 2009 at 8:30 am Reply

They're all adorable but I love the strawberry one!

I think the new site design is super cute!

auntmeg on October 9, 2009 at 9:33 am Reply

The Sassy Strawberry apron is super adorable!
    Love your new look!

Tiffany -n- Albert on October 9, 2009 at 10:02 am Reply

I love it all! The Mini Retro looks so cute with your black dress, I think I like it the best.

Jamica on October 9, 2009 at 10:46 am Reply

Brooke! The site looks amazingly perfect! YOU are amazingly perfect! I love the pictures, too! You look fab.u. lous!

You must be exhausted! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! One could be blissfully lost clicking button after button you provide! I could make it a career… living vicariously through you!

Jenn on October 9, 2009 at 11:04 am Reply

I love the new looks! What an adventure you have begun. Sound as if you have a supportive family too. :D I love the sassy strawberry apron!! I think my homemade bread would taste so much better if I were wearing that one. teeheehee… Jenn

DB on October 9, 2009 at 2:01 pm Reply

Hey there…….love your site! Would have to say the retro mini apron is my favorite! What a cute idea!

Cheryl on October 9, 2009 at 2:39 pm Reply

The Sassy Strawberry is my favorite! How cute is the gingham!

Daily Drama Mama on October 9, 2009 at 3:34 pm Reply

I love your blog even though I have never commented before. I really adore the pink frills apron. Super cute!!

Anonymous on October 9, 2009 at 5:39 pm Reply

I like the pear and apple one. ADORABLE!

Lookin4ws

The Medrano Fam on October 9, 2009 at 7:29 pm Reply

Looks like you've been busy, thanks for working so hard on such a woderful site! Bless your dear huband for being so patient!
    It was a tough choice but cute apple and pear w/ ruffle is my favoite!!!

Julie on October 9, 2009 at 8:18 pm Reply

Oooohhh!! Your new site is DARLING! :) So are the aprons – oh my goodness, so hard to choose a favorite! I think I'd have to go with the Sassy Strawberry – just adorable!

Heather on October 9, 2009 at 9:37 pm Reply

Love the new look and the new half apron. Covers the hips nicely. I love reading your blog.

Anonymous on October 10, 2009 at 9:43 am Reply

I just love the cute apples & pears and of course you…. and your wonderful blog.
    Thanks,
    Connie

larshannon on October 10, 2009 at 9:55 am Reply

I like the new look.

The sweetheart apron…too cute!

Porsche on October 10, 2009 at 1:16 pm Reply

I heart sassy strawberry and the adorable pink one with the ruffle and bow!

alittlelove on October 10, 2009 at 3:31 pm Reply

love it
    love you
    love your food
    love the dress
    wonderful job…♥

Visible Voice on October 10, 2009 at 7:45 pm Reply

Well this is my first time here and your blog looks super cute!

sinnlighet on October 10, 2009 at 10:57 pm Reply

So glad I stumbled on your lovely lovely blog today, it's always nice to find other blogger out and about on the net!

I must tell you that I like like like your nice blog!

Agneta & Sweden

Shannon @ bakeandbloom.com on October 11, 2009 at 9:12 pm Reply

W-O-W The new site looks fantastic

loving the Sweetheart Apron With Ruffle & Bow btw ;)

KaraLyn on October 11, 2009 at 9:32 pm Reply

You will probably never get all the way down to this comment, but I love your blog. I made the caramel apple popcorn balls, and put a couple of pics on my blog. They turned out great. The pictures not so great. I hope to learn a lot about food photography, and layouts from your new sidebar items. Thanks for being willing to share your how to's and great creativity.

For the comment above looking for apple flavoring, I found it at a cake decorating store. "Do it with Icing" if she lives in San Diego.

karalyndrake.blogspot.com

Erin on November 10, 2009 at 8:58 pm Reply

I love this idea of a popcorn ball on a stick. So adorable! I don't know how I came across your adorable site, but I love it!
    - Erin from The Sisters Cafe