Pantry Art

I rarely fancy myself the crafty sort.

When one* can pull out a bowl and bake a batch of cupcakes
In eighteen to twenty-four minutes,
Then frost, sprinkle, and share the entire batch
With oneself and a handful of beloved small people,
One sometimes forget that hands are significantly useful
for more than just cracking eggs, whisking, pouring, and stuffing ones face.
(* namely…me.)
Which is why I’m especially grateful for two uber-crafty influences in my life.
The first being sweet Caroline from Salsa Pie,
who turned me onto the silhouette stylings of Hugo Guinness.
Guinness’ deliciously simple artwork inspired my recent
Make-The-Pantry-Space-As-Useful-As-Possible Makeover.
Innit pretty?!
Serene is more like it. Intelligent. Haute. Artful. Even fanciful.
(a good many things which I am, quite typically, not. Thanks so much, Salsa Pie for the inspiration!)
The project was also ever, ever so easy.
Our marker collection has never before maintained contact with matching lids for so long a period. It seems having a secure, divinely decorated spot for craft thingys actually helps them keep in their place all the more. Who knew?!
I’m also equally inspired and delighted by
crazy-awesome craftrepenuer, Kim, owner of the webs best DIY resource
You Can Make This.
(‘I can make THIS?!’ I squeal everytime I visit the site, looking at my batter-laden hands with astonishment. Put down the butter, girl! Pick up the scissors! Snip! Sew! Create! Yes, indeed, I do say this to myself. I’m legitimately trying to develop my inner craft diva between baking sessions. It would be so much more motivating if crafts were edible, sugar-laden, and butter smothered, wouldn’t it?)
Now, Kim, and identical twin sister, Kris have teamed up to create
The DIY Dish Web Show
which will bring the latest & greatest DIY projects, reviews & how-to’s online.
(And, seriously. How MUCH do these two look like Marie Osmond?!)
CLICK HERE to visit The DIY Dish website
where you can learn how to win one of two, incredible Janome sewing mLinkachines.
And, just for good measure, let’s have a giveaway of our own, shall we?

Leave me a comment and let me know
What website most inspires you to create?
And, you’ll be entered in a random drawing to win a batch of these adorable Work Of Art Clips.

Yummy. Yummy.

25 Responses to “Pantry Art”

Natasha on March 4, 2010 at 1:17 am Reply

Mostly it's the overwhelmoing urge inside that inspires me to create. And of course seeing gorgeous things on other blogs!

Denise on March 4, 2010 at 7:37 am Reply

In addition to cooking I am a huge digital scrapbooker, and my go to site is http://www.scrapmatters.com

Joanna on March 4, 2010 at 7:45 am Reply

I love Tim Holtz's blog for inspiration! He and his Ranger products are both amazing!

Mia on March 4, 2010 at 7:55 am Reply

I have to admit that the most inspiring sites for me are those of close friends. When I see them pull out something amazing, and I know how crazy their lives are, I go "Hey! I could do that!"

irenedesign on March 4, 2010 at 8:06 am Reply

I sit at my computer for 8 hours a day and get so distracted by sites like Etsy and burdastyle.com! My main inspiration though comes from my Google Reader. There are so many insipiring, crafty people out there who are sending me updates that inspire me to create when I can finally get off the computer and to my sewing room!
    kellyihovey at yahoo dot com

Geosomin on March 4, 2010 at 8:25 am Reply

Well…for yummy things…yours (really it does – so yummy and creative and the photos are so lovely), as well as notsohumblepie.blogspot.com.

As for pure craftiness – the website: secret hill mosaics. She inspires me to work on my own love, stained glass. She makes the most beautiful things…and takes wonderful photos: http://www.secrethillmosaics.blogspot.com/

jenelle on March 4, 2010 at 8:30 am Reply

this illustrator/designer's site:
    SO CUTE! makes me want to draw draw draw.

Caroline of Salsa Pie on March 4, 2010 at 8:50 am Reply

xoxoxo to you my lovely blogging friend!

I LOVE this project! Such a neat way to store those crafty supplies! I say, you are super creative and crafty!

Rik on March 4, 2010 at 9:46 am Reply

This might sound silly and cliche, but the Anthropologie website makes me that way. I think to myself, "Why pay so much when it looks like I could just put a bunch of ruffles on a skirt and make my own?" It's fabulous. It's also not as easy as it is in my head, but it's fun to create (and copy…)!

gardenwindow on March 4, 2010 at 11:08 am Reply

nature!

Skye on March 4, 2010 at 11:59 am Reply

My local scrapbook store has a blog that I follow. I love seeing the layouts about places in the area that I also go to… makes me realize I should be scrapping too :)

Jenn on March 4, 2010 at 2:24 pm Reply

Love the DYIdish, they seem so fun!

Em on March 4, 2010 at 3:27 pm Reply

One of my favorite blogs is called Down to Earth. It is by a lady who lives in Australia. She blogs about simple living and shares awesome ideas for cooking, cleaning, gardening, storing and organizing stuff like the pantry :)

Cute clips!

The Gregersons on March 4, 2010 at 3:37 pm Reply

Soulemama.com is constantly inspiring me to create, but even more, to help me inspire my own children to create. I love it!

racheldjohnson on March 4, 2010 at 3:46 pm Reply

D.H.L.O. on March 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm Reply

when i create, it's with a digital camera. :) so my creative inspiration is http://capturedbycarrie.com/blog/. prepare to spend hours cooing at the beautiful babies and incredible photography!!!

Camille on March 4, 2010 at 9:50 pm Reply

I love the Penny Pinching Project Prowler! She is amazing!

Porsche on March 4, 2010 at 10:37 pm Reply

Hope on March 5, 2010 at 1:18 pm Reply

I love YCMT! You should see my Wishlist lol :)

tickledred on March 5, 2010 at 1:21 pm Reply

What a cute can idea! My pantry needs to look as good as yours. I didn't even notice the paint job on your shelves.

betchacanteatjustone on March 7, 2010 at 8:17 am Reply

I scrapbook so http://www.twopeasinabucket.com

I just made a sock monkey…I googled some instructions. (i often google instructions)

and the huge amount of blogs I read daily inspire me all the time!

Melanie on March 23, 2010 at 7:52 pm Reply

After an unsuccessful dinner (again) I had to get on your site and remind myself that food is intended to taste good and that some people can actually do it. It is not all a lie.
    If cooking involved a rotary cutter, pins, needle, and thread, I might be able to do it.
    Maybe.

J Amado Photography on February 4, 2011 at 5:14 am Reply

I have been inspired by many photographers. I constantly look up the work of other photographers and see what techniques they might be trying. I feel that I have grown a lot as a photographer and notice a big difference from my earlier. Thank you everyone! http://www.jamadophotography.com

joann on May 7, 2013 at 11:42 am Reply

hi,

regarding your adorable project, did you just draw the labels yourself? and how are they affixed–i.e. are they glued on or did you print them on a label?

thx!

Sunil on March 25, 2014 at 4:21 pm Reply

This is the pecfret post for me to find at this time