Key Lime & Raspberry White Chocolate Parfaits

Photobucket

This is the final week of Paula Deen and Kraft’s Real Women of Philadelphia contest. The theme for the week is “dessert” and I am positively swimming in cream cheese recipe ideas. Coincidentally, I am also swimming in mounds and mounds of dirty laundry. It’s terrifically difficult to stay on top of household chores when your mind is perfectly enlightened with inspiration for gorgeous, creamy desserts.
For instance, this idea I had for Key Lime and Raspberry White Chocolate Parfait’s. I made them yesterday morning, when the whitest rays of morning sunshine were streaming through my windows. I was wearing a summer dress and naked feet, and kept sneaking licks of each layer because each part of these parfaits is absolutely divine. But, when you put it all together. Oh my. When you put it all together. Daughter, Becca said (with her mouth full and crumbs on her lips) “Oh, mom, that green stuff and the red stuff taste so good with the white stuff and the brown stuff.”
I couldn’t have said it better myself. I was much too busy stuffing every one of those colors into my happy mouth.
Get the recipe and see my video tutorial HERE.

Photobucket

Key Lime & Raspberry White Chocolate Parfaits
Raspberry picking in the Colorado sunshine is one of our favorite pasttimes. But, so are long car trips to the beach where we make happy, beloved memories with Nana and our California cousins. This recipe combines both of our family’s favorite summertime passions–fresh raspberries and the tropical taste of key lime–mixes their fresh and tarty flavors with a smooth and sweet layer of white chocolate and cream cheese and a shortbread crust the color of the beach sand. The result? A dessert so heavenly, we may just never want to let autumn or winter peek their chilly heads around these parts anymore.
7 tbsp. of butter
1/3 cup(s) of fresh-squeezed lime or key lime juice
1 cup(s) of water
3/4 cup(s) of sugar
3 tbsp. of cornstarch
4 drops of lime green food coloring
1 sleeve of LORNA DOONE shortbread cookies
1 tbsp. of sugar
8 ounce(s) of cream cheese
1 (12 oz.) bag white chocolate chips
4 ounce(s) of Cool Whip
1/2 pint(s) of fresh raspberries
TO MAKE THE KEY LIME LAYER: In a medium saucepan, melt four tablespoons of the butter. Whisk in key lime juice, water, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring. Continue whisking until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, set aside, and allow to cool while preparing the rest of the parfait ingredients.
TO MAKE THE SHORTBREAD LAYER: Finely crush LORNA DOONE cookies, then pour into a large bowl. Microwave 3 tablespoons of melted butter and add to crumbs. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over the mixture, then use a fork to evenly combine all ingredients.
TO MAKE THE WHIPPY WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE LAYER: Pour chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir mixture. Return to microwave, heat for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat just until white chocolate chips are melted. Using an electric mixer, beat in PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE and COOL WHIP until fluffy.
TO MAKE THE PARFAITS: In a clear glass or plastic parfait cup, spoon a small amount of shortbread mixture. Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top, then the cooled key lime layer, and finally sprinkle fresh raspberries evenly over the key lime layer. If your parfait cup allows, repeat the layer, beginning again with the shortbread layer and ending with the fresh raspberries. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Garnish with mini paper parasols, and serve with long-handled spoons. So good! Enjoy!

What summer flavors are you craving?

17 Responses to “Key Lime & Raspberry White Chocolate Parfaits”

TERI REES WANG on May 19, 2010 at 12:45 am Reply

I think I just caught myself gnawing on my own tongue.

Well done.

Eliana on May 19, 2010 at 7:52 am Reply

WOW – these look so incredibly cheerful. I absolutely love them.

Mary on May 19, 2010 at 9:15 am Reply

These look awfully good, but don't you think they need more color :-). You have a wonderful blog. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings…Mary

Becki Madsen on May 19, 2010 at 11:58 am Reply

These look so delicious! Especially that summer is just around the corner, what a great refreshing treat!

kevrik on May 20, 2010 at 6:16 pm Reply

Can I ask where you got your cute glasses? I've been trying to find good dessert glasses and these look perfect!

Cheeky Kitchen on May 20, 2010 at 9:47 pm Reply

kevrik-

I'm happy to tell you, but you probably won't like the answer. I purchased the glasses for 39 cents at a local thrift store several months ago. Thankfully, I found 12 similar glasses on the shelves there because they HAVE been the perfect dessert cups!

Fingers crossed that you can find the very same!

Brooke

Shannon on May 21, 2010 at 2:55 pm Reply

Your pics are sooo great. I love your blog.

shannon

Deborah Dowd on May 22, 2010 at 5:27 am Reply

These look like the perfect summer dessert combining creamy, tart sweet and crunchy all into one!!

Anna on May 26, 2010 at 12:44 am Reply

I can't believe the color in that key lime curd (is it curd?) Looks soooo good.

Davis Family on June 6, 2010 at 11:51 am Reply

When I click on the recipe it gives me an error. Is there any way you could repost the recipe?

Thanks a billion!

Cheeky Kitchen on June 6, 2010 at 2:49 pm Reply

Davis Family- Just fixed the glitch! The recipe is back up and rocking!

ENJOY!

Andee on June 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm Reply

Hello! I wanted to let you know that I made these today for our father’s day bbq. My health-conscious husband requested that I substitute yogurt for the chocolate cream cheese layer. Since it’s his day, I happily agreed. We used Dannon All Natural Vanilla, and it was great. Even so, I still want to try your original version. :)

• Brooke replied: — June 21st, 2011 @ 10:46 pm

Oh! Lovely! That sounds like a wonderful substitution!!!

Enick@yahoo.com on February 4, 2012 at 10:27 pm Reply

the internet. Shame on Google for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my website . Thanks =)

Gebrauchtwagenhaendler on February 24, 2012 at 12:12 pm Reply

I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays..

ヴィトン バッグ 人気 on July 25, 2013 at 7:38 pm Reply

This will save you house when touring and retains you organized.
    About 380 billion plastic baggage are consumed in the
    US each and every calendar year. Don your bulkier
    sneakers and pack your lighter kinds. Anya Hinmarch and Lulu Guiness “Household” contributed
    to the revival of small, female handbags.

Jeogebogrot on November 28, 2013 at 1:20 am Reply