Photobucket

Do you see these cupcakes? Do you SEE THESE CUPCAKES?! These lemon-kissed & buttermilk & vanilla-bean cupcakes with a secret dollop of lemon curd hidden inside and a hefty swirl of fluffy cream cheese frosting up top?
These are the very cupcakes that I trotted across the street to neighbor, Susie, yesterday. Last summer, while sitting side-dy-side in the culdesac at a lazy neighborhood barbecue, Susie and I discovered our shared mad-crazy passion for baked goodies.

“I’m a cake snob.” She said frankly through her straight and pretty teeth, a floppy sun hat shading her eyes. She’s very chic, my Susie neighbor. “Me toooo!” I squealed in reply, deciding we would hereafter and forever be kindred cooking spirits.

So you can imagine why–whenever I have a truly beautiful cupcake emerge from my kitchen–I whoosh them onto a plate and take them over for Susie’s well-trained tastebuds.
I tell you such backstory to: (1) encourage you to adore Susie as I do, and (2) to place into perspective the email I recieved from her late last night which read as follows:
your cupcakes were the most delicious, fabulous cupcakes I have ever tasted, and I’m not kidding (they were eaten several seconds after you left). My hubby is at a party tonight, so the kids talked me into giving them some (a very small quarter for them, guess who ate the rest?) and they loved them- he misses out!

See why I love Susie? So the best.

See why you need to try this cupcake recipe of mine? So the best.

Plus, it’s another Real Women of Philadelphia contest entry, so there is a video tutorial along with it. CLICK HERE to find the recipe and video. CLICK HERE to buy a house in the neighborhood so you can taste test cupcakes with me and Susie (wouldn’t that be fun?!). Better yet, stay right where you are and bake up a batch for you and your beloved cake snob groupies.

I have a feeling they will think they are delicious and fabulous. (pssst….they might even sneak their hubby’s portion.)

But then again, all’s fair in love and cupcakes.

Photobucket

Do you love your neighbor?

22 Responses to “Lemon-Kissed Buttermilk Cupcakes with the World’s Fluffiest Cream Cheese Frosting”

Eliana on May 19, 2010 at 10:23 pm Reply

I would certainly love you if you were my neighbor and brought me some of these. Hmmmmm.

Shannon on May 19, 2010 at 10:41 pm Reply

good looking cupcakes!!!

Crazy Momma on May 19, 2010 at 11:18 pm Reply

I am really a cupcake fan – and am really excited to try out this recipe. In looking at I think there is a mistake – I don't see where you add the cream cheese to the frosting – I'm assuming it is suppose to be in step 8 when you add the butter and powder sugar to the cornstarch mixture – is that right?

jennie w. on May 20, 2010 at 4:45 am Reply

I love lemon and I love fluffy frosting!!! I can't wait to try these!

P.S. I clicked over to the recipe and read through it a couple of times and I didn't see when to add the cream cheese? Am I missing something?

Cheeky Kitchen on May 20, 2010 at 6:18 am Reply

Crazy momma and jenny- THANK YOU for catching that! I'd gotten all bumbled last night as I typed in the instructions, and forgot to add that philly to the recipe. Fixed now! Enjoy!

Shannon on May 20, 2010 at 7:45 am Reply

Mmmmmm….those look so good.I could just stare at that last picture all day. It's easier on the hips that way ;)

Wahzat Gayle on May 20, 2010 at 10:18 am Reply

They do look divine! Have to try them smiling already :D

Florrie on May 20, 2010 at 5:48 pm Reply

What in the ever-lovin' heck??!!!
    I have never seen anything so delicious looking in my entire life. (And I have been know to frequent the Sweet Tooth Fairy a time or two in my day.) I can NOT wait to make these .I am so in love with lemon flavored anything that I would, quite possibly, be tempted to make out with these cupcakes. But first I think I shall order some cutesy little cupcake wrappers from this fantastic website. (Warning: Go to this website only when you have oodles of time to look around and oodles of money to buy everything with.)

Love you tons….

Mary on May 20, 2010 at 11:59 pm Reply

These are really beautiful. I'm sure they are as tasty as they are beautiful. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings…Mary

Antony on May 21, 2010 at 12:31 am Reply

these are BEAUTIFUL, great pics!

betchacanteatjustone on May 21, 2010 at 7:21 am Reply

These cupcakes are gorgeous! I recently made strawberry cupcakes filled with lemon curd and I hadn't even thought about cream cheese frosting! I can't wait to give this recipe a try!

Are your cupcake liners from anywhere special?? They're fantastic!

Ashley on May 21, 2010 at 1:03 pm Reply

lemon and i were meant to be together forever

Kathleen on May 21, 2010 at 6:19 pm Reply

I sooooo wish I was your neighbor!!! Where did you find those cool cupcake liners?

memoryminded on May 23, 2010 at 9:05 am Reply

I DO love my neighbor, but I wish she loved baking like you do! The video was wonderful. I so appreciate your blog!

KaraLyn on June 3, 2010 at 8:59 pm Reply

I made these for a dessert recipe exchange evening. They were by far the best thing there. They were fancy, and beautiful, and delicious. I took some leftovers to work. The boss just snarfed his down and didn't say anything. One girl said, "You put lemon in the cream cheese frosting?" Another thought the texture of the lemon curd was weird. I took the last one (well the next to last one. I saved the last one for myself) to a co-worker who had missed work that day. She texted me that it was fabulous, and she and her daughter were fighting over it. Now that is proper respect for these fabulous cupcakes!

Preslee Maki on March 28, 2011 at 12:25 pm Reply

I tried your recipe over spring break. The cupcakes were an instant hit! I couldn’t get my dad away from the bowl of icing long enough for him to try an actual cupcake, plus icing. Thank you! :)

• Brooke replied: — March 29th, 2011 @ 11:20 pm

Hurrah! So delighted to hear!

Susie on June 15, 2011 at 2:23 pm Reply

I made these recently for some guests, and they were a huge hit. They were easy to make, but of course sis not look as pretty as yours. A huge keeper of a recipe- I highly recommend it!!!!

Alysa on May 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm Reply

The website link to the recipe doesn’t work! I am dying to try these cupcakes!

jan ohalloran on June 12, 2012 at 5:52 pm Reply

i would adore to try this recipe in Australia – but when i clicked on the website it didnt work. could you please email me the recipe for a baby shower im organising – they look so perfect.
    many many thanks jan ohalloran

Michelle on August 11, 2012 at 8:15 pm Reply

Do you have this recipe posted somewhere else now? The Philadelphia website just gives an error. I’d love to try this recipe out!

Ricci on May 7, 2014 at 12:27 pm Reply