Easy Baked Egg Cups

Photobucket

Cookbook #1 “The LDS Girls Cookbook” has been officially submitted to the publisher. That audible sigh you hear is the sound of my patient children, welcoming me back to life in the real world.
Putting together this book has been a stress, a pain, an exhaustive task. The pile of laundry waiting for me tomorrow rivals Mount Rushmore, only with less rugged good looks. But, writing the book, creating chapter after chapter of recipes moms will actually let their daughters cook, editing, photographing…it’s been a blast.
We hosted a book photoshoot last weekend. Just look at these adorable girls.Photobucket

They were totally up for anything. They did prep work. They cooked. They cleaned. They got dirty.Photobucket

They acted as a top-notch lighting crew.Photobucket

Then, they danced. To Dynamite. And, really. These sweet girls were dynamite models, actresses, chefs.Photobucket

Here’s a preview of one of the recipes from the book. As we get closer, I’ll be sure to share all the details on where the book will be available for purchase. You’ll be able to buy it online, or through Deseret Book retailers. With this beautiful little book on in the hands of my capable editor, there’s only one thing to do…start typing away on book #2. That book, Cooking with Your Kids: Recipes Parents and Children Can Make Together, will be available nationwide Spring 2011.

The laundry pile can wait until then, right?

Photobucket

Ham & Egg Breakfast Cups
Simple, satisfying, and easy enough to make with your kids. I love serving these baked eggs as a quick, warm before-school breakfast now that the weather is beginning to cool. If you want the yolks to be soft and slightly runny, be sure to bake them only until the edges of the biscuits are slightly browned. Makes 8 servings.
1 tube refrigerated biscuits
2 T. bacon bits
8 eggs
Salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Open the package of biscuits, and press each of the 8 biscuits into the muffin cups. Use your fingers to press the biscuit up and around the edges of the muffin tin. Sprinkle some bacon bits into the bottom of the muffin cup. Crack an egg on top of the bacon. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper on the egg before baking it. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or just until the edges of the muffins turn golden brown. Garnish with American Cheese cut-outs, sliced cherry tomatoes, and diced scallions.

Photobucket

Looking for a less girlie version of this breakfast?
I just posted massive, hearty, uber-delicious Texas Baked Biscuits here, on Babble’s The Family Kitchen. Don’t miss ‘em!

13 Responses to “Easy Baked Egg Cups”

1. decorater4life says:

How Adorable are these girls, and wow what a cool recipe that I must try with my girls!!!! I love it!!!!!

Michelle Torres
    decorater4life@aol.com

2. Sue says:

These little egg cups sound delicious and EASY! Cute "flowers" too:) Congrats on the cookbook! How lucky you are to have such a great group of kids to help out:)

3. Wahzat Gayle says:

wow your book is at the publishers that is wonderful!

I love this recipe… but I know I will be the only one eating LOL.
    will have to try it just for me though… oh my sister comes to town maybe I'll try it then

4. Diana says:

These look like such a perfect and easy to make Saturday morning family breakfast. Thanks for sharing – can't wait to check out your book!!

5. Jamica says:

Yeay! The pictures turned out SO cute! What a fun memory this will be for the girls! I can't wait to see the book in it' entirety!
    AND yeay for breakfast recipes! : ) Thank you dear friend for more ideas!!!

6. ButterYum says:

Oh my goodness, what fun!!! I love the little flowers – way too cute!!

ButterYum

7. Elsa says:

What a great idea! Yummm! I love the cheese cutouts!

8. Ashley says:

I'm so excited for your cookbook! I'm totally buying it the next time I'm in Utah and actually near a Deseret. :) I actually probably won't be that patient.

9. Kady says:

Congrats on the book – very proud of you! Can't wait to get myself a copy!

10. mangiabella says:

congratulations sweet bella!!! what a milestone!!! rejoicing with you and these girls are beyond adorable, LOVE IT!!!!

11. Lisa says:

This looks like such a great idea! (And the man version as well But over here i nthe UK we don't have refridgerated biscuit dough. Can I just find a biscuit recipe and do it that way? Any particular biscuit type I'm looking for? (On a side note, over here biscuit=cookie. Ok, class over!) :-)

12. Katie S. says:

Don't forget the LDS bookstore in your town! i know you want them to carry your book. :-)

13. [...] Camaro Tuscan Baked Eggs, Kalyn’s Kitchen Baked Marinara Eggs, Enlightened Cooking Baked Egg Cups, Cheeky Kitchen Baked Chili Eggs, 80 Breakfasts Summer Vegetable Baked Eggs, Cookin Canuck Baked [...]