Baby Bundt Cakes with Vanilla Bean Icing

Today in yoga, my favorite instructor encouraged us to set an intention for Easter Weekend. “Something that brings joy,” she said with her peaceful smile and gentle voice. She’s not one for forcing anyone to do anything, but suddenly she added, “And dye easter eggs. It’s so fun. Just celebrate the color of the season, even if you have to do it all by yourself.”

Thankfully, I’ve got a kitchen table full of tots who plan to paint Easter Eggs tomorrow morning. But, I love the reminder of all this weekend offers for celebration. I love being encouraged to slow down and really do the stuff of joy. Of course, for me, the very essence of joy is spending time in a warm kitchen. So, I plan to sit down in two minutes and finalize my Easter grocery shopping list.  There will be berries and asparagus, this I know. The hubby doesn’t much like ham, so maybe I’ll try to talk him into stuffed Portabello caps (ha! wish me luck on that one!) or some sort of other splendid, non-hammy main dish (ideas, anyone?!).

If you haven’t yet finalized your own menu, hows abouts you stir together a simple little batch of my moist and perfect Little Chocolate Poundcakes with Vanilla Bean Icing. I fixed up a batch for Smithfield this week, and you can nab the recipe for this dense little cake, as well as a slew of other gorgeous Easter Ideas over at the Smithfield blog.

Wishing you the finest of weekends, with hope that you’ve plenty of time to celebrate the joy, color, and flavors of the season. Happy Easter! Happy Spring!

19 Responses to “Baby Bundt Cakes with Vanilla Bean Icing”

1. That looks like a perfect Easter dessert!

2. Happy Easter to you and girl, we will whip up a frenzy in my warm kitchen soon.

3. What a wonderful, happy, colorful dessert!

4. Jessica says:

How did I forget about dying Easter eggs?! Thanks for the reminder – my toddler will LOVE it. Happy Easter!

5. Anna says:

aw they are so pretty! like little nests! thanks for the lovely recipe!

6. They look really cute! Happy Easter!

7. Jiwon Sim says:

Happy eater!!!!
    I remember last Easter that you had threads all over your house for kids to find their easter bunny! Sweet you :)
    Happy Easter again! :)

8. Katrina says:

I love these little guys! They’re so cute!

9. Rachel says:

Brooke, I have been following your blog for a little over a year and have never taken the time to say thank you for all you have posted. I love your ideas and your outlook on life. Your blog is my little happy place that makes me want to be a better mom and wife. Thank you for all you do!!!

10. Karen says:

I made these today! What fun, and they are so cute :) I can’t wait to share them with my family tomorrow. Happy Easter!

11. Kala says:

How can I find the bundt cake recipe? I’ve looked everywhere!!! Help

12. Rebecca says:

I’d love to make these for Easter, but I can’t find the recipe on the Smithfield website anymore. Can you post the recipe please?

13. Vernetta Buelow says:

The main dish is usually the heaviest, heartiest, and most complex or substantive dish on a menu. The main ingredient is usually meat or fish; in vegetarian meals, the main course sometimes attempts to mimic a meat course..';.

See ya soon