Pumpkin season is here. Hoorayyyyyyy.
I know pumpkin can be a polarizing. Either eaters love it or hate it. I stand proudly on the side of pumpkin love.
Like, literally. Can not get enough of it. See pumpkin cookies in the store, bend a knee, and bow. Stir it into waffles, put it into pancakes, buy it in Costco-sized pie.
But Costco sized pies sitting on your countertops are total temptation.
And so, I set out today to make a single-serving treat. A Paleo Pumpkin Pie for One. Made in two minutes.
The results were divine. Pure ingredients. Simple things you already have. Microzapped until custardy.
With a pecan crust, and a touch of honeyed blueberries, this sweet dessert is the perfect way to enjoy Pumpkin Season without enjoying the WorkYourGiantAss Out season which traditionally follows.
PALEO PUMPKIN MUG PIE
4 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
5-6 drops stevia
1 tablespoon chocolate chips (if desired)
Toppings: Honey-sweetened whipped cream, raspberries, or Blueberries
1. Sprinkle two tablespoons of pecans in the bottom of a mug.
2. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon honey.
3. In a small bowl, mix together pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, egg, 2 tablespoons honey, and just enough stevia to make the pie filling sweet.
4. Spoon into a ceramic coffee mug.
5. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. Drizzle with honey.
6. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, until the center is set.
7. Cool slightly. Top as you desireth.