Looking for a delicious ham and egg breakfast idea? This breakfast burrito recipe is so good and easy, you will have no excuse not to eat breakfast.
Ham and Egg Rollup
I hear a lot of people say that there are no easy options when it comes to a breakfast. With this low carb breakfast burrito, you can have breakfast fat, without the carb heavy meals. This ham, egg, and cheese is perfect for anyone.
Can you freeze this ham and egg rollup? (yes)
If you run out of time in the mornings and can’t find time to make a healthy breakfast, this ham and egg roll-up is perfect. Spend less than an hour one day a week and make these ham and egg rollups. Wrap the rollups in plastic wrap and store them in the freezer. This way, each night before bed, take one or more of the rollups out of the freezer to let it thaw. In the morning, reheat it for a few seconds in the microwave and you have a delicious and easy breakfast every day.
What to serve with this low carb breakfast burrito?
No one likes to eat the same breakfast every day. It just gets old. So you might want ways to change up the taste of this low carb breakfast burrito. Here are a few ways to change this up.
- Salsa – You can use different flavors of salsa to give this a different flavor. Use a spicy salsa one day, a mild the next and a chunky salsa another day. Just changing the salsa alone can make the burrito taste different.
- Avocado – Avocado is a great idea for serving with this low carb breakfast. Serve the avocado alone or with one of the other ideas to create new flavors.
- Hot Sauce – If you know you like heat, you can use the hot sauce on the eggs once they are made or cook it directly in with the eggs.
- Verde Sauce – Try using a verde sauce to give this another flavor.
You can use all of these together or in different combinations to change up the flavors and make this feel like a new breakfast each day. You can also change the type of ham you are using to create a slightly different flavor.
Ingredients for ham and egg breakfast burrito
- bell pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- deli ham
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
How to make ham egg and cheese roll up
Step 1. Heat the oven on the broil setting.
Step 2. Place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
Step 3. Add the chopped onion and pepper to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften.
Step 4. Add in the beaten eggs as well as salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the eggs are done to your liking.
Step 5. Mix in the shredded cheese, and remove the egg mixture from the heat.
Step 6. Lay the pieces of ham on a flat surface. Fill the center of each one with the egg mixture, and roll each piece up.
Step 7. Place the ham and egg roll ups face down in a baking dish.
Step 8. Cook under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the brown and crispy up a bit on the edges.
- ¼ c Chopped onions
- ½ c Chopped bell pepper
- 3 Eggs
- ½ c Shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Large thick slices of deli ham
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven on the broil setting.
- Place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add the chopped onion and pepper to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add in the beaten eggs as well as salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Mix in the shredded cheese, and remove the egg mixture from the heat.
- Lay the pieces of ham on a flat surface. Fill the center of each one with the egg mixture, and roll each piece up.
- Place the ham and egg roll ups face down in a baking dish.
- Cook under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the brown and crispy up a bit on the edges.
Net Carbs: 2 per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 105Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 104mgSodium 196mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 6g