If you’ve been craving your favorite cookie, you are going to LOVE these Keto Oreos! This recipe is simple to make and tastes just like the popular cookie, just without all the refined sugars and carbs!
What is life without Oreo cookies? Luckily, you’ll never have to find out! The first time I saw a recipe for keto oreos floating around, I thought it was impossible. Or, at the very least, whatever they were calling an oreo was just a cookie with cream inside…there was no way that it could be anything close to my favorite cookie, with the chocolate, crunchy outside and that addictive filling.
Well, this is one instance where I am very happy to admit to being wrong!
These Keto Oreo Cookies are the perfect replacement to your favorite carb-filled, sugary treat. While I can’t say that they are EXACTLY the same, the texture is slightly different, I can say that once you try these, you won’t miss the others!
There are two parts to making Keto Oreo Cookies – the cookies and the filling. Since the cookies need to cool completely before layering the cream, this is a recipe that needs to be prepared in advance. Luckily, the hands-on time for these keto cookies is minimal. You can make the cookies and then leave them overnight to cool or prepare them in the morning and finish them in the afternoon if you’d like.
If you’re one of those people who always deconstructs their Oreos, eating the filling first, I can personally attest that the center filling of these keto oreos taste just as delicious and the outside is perfect for dunking in your favorite milk.
Some recipes call for dark cocoa powder when making these but I used regular cocoa powder because I couldn’t find the dark and honestly, the only difference that it makes is in the color. The flavor barely changes, the dark cocoa powder just makes the keto cookies look a little more like traditional oreos. What I was really looking for was keeping the flavor similar, not the outside appearance.
The center filling is made with a base of cream cheese and butter. It’s almost like a mini fat bomb, though the portion is much smaller than you’d have in a traditional fat bomb.
Since both ingredients can soften easily, it’s important to make sure the cookies are completely cool before adding the filling.
I prefer to enjoy these Keto Oreo Cookies chilled – but then again, I used to stick my regular oreos in the freezer. If you’re consuming them immediately, no need to refrigerate but since the filling isn’t cooked, you will need to keep it cool after them.
Whenever I make a batch of these Keto Oreos, I keep them in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them with a glass of non-dairy milk. These are also an ideal cookie to make for holiday parties, though I don’t recommend them for cookie exchanges unless you let the receiver know they’ll need to refrigerate them. However, whenever I take them as a keto dessert option, everyone raves about them.
How To Make Keto Oreo Cookies:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350.
Step 2. In a bowl, combine butter and swerve sweetener until creamy.
Step 3. Add in egg and vanilla extract.
Step 4. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
Step 5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well for several minutes.
Step 6. Roll the dough between two sheets of wax paper, until approximately 1/3 inch thick.
Step 7. Use a round cookie cutter to cut circle from the dough. Keep rolling out the dough until you run out. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and back for 10-12 minutes.
Step 8. Let the cookies cool completely.
Step 9. Combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and swerve in a bowl. Beat on high until creamy.
Step 10. Place a layer of filling on one cookie and top with another cook.
You’ll be the favorite of the people, especially if there are kids, when you show up with these keto cookies! Enjoy!
How should I store Keto Oreo Cookies?
You should store these keto oreo cookies in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer, depending on your preference. The center filling will melt so you don’t want to leave them out for too long.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 3 tbsp Coconut flour
- 2 ¼ c Almond flour
- ½ tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 4 tbsp Cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ c Swerve sweetener
- 1 Egg
- ½ c Butter softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla
For the Filling:
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 4 oz. Cream cheese softened
- ½ c Powdered Swerve
- 2 tbsp Butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the butter and swerve sweetener for the cookies until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the egg and 1 tsp of vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well for several minutes.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of wax or parchment paper, until it is about ⅛ of an inch thick.
- Use a circle cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as you can. Place them onto a baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes until browned and cooked through. Continue the rolling out, cooking and baking until you run out of dough.
- Let the cookies cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered swerve in a mixing bowl, and beat on high until creamy.
- Place a layer of the filling on top of one cookie half, and top with with another cookie half. Repeat until all of your sandwich cookies have been made.
Makes 30-40 Cookies
Nutrition InformationYield 40 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 80Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 15mgSodium 61mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 2g
Don’t miss these other keto dessert recipes:
- Keto Butter Cookies – They will be a regular “go-to” for you when you are looking for a quick cookie, whether it is for a late-night craving or to treat the family. These are perfect in all situations.
- Keto Pumpkin Pie – A keto-friendly dessert you can enjoy year-round!
- Keto Double Fudge Chocolate Brownies – Rich, gooey, and delicious! The perfect solution to your chocolate craving.
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse – An absolutely divine keto dessert recipe ready in just 5 minutes and is guaranteed to satiate your sweet tooth.